Home Metal Detecting
Options

Hearing Aids and Detecting

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
My wife has finally gotten me to get a set of hearing aids. I have never use the detect head sets much so I won't have to take them out for that. But the sound is sure different. Any one else out there wear hearing aids when you detect and have you noticed any difference?

Comments

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Not yet! But, as much as I will not admit it, I probably need hearing aids! It is always the case that I ever hear what the wife is saying when she talks, at least that is what she says....

Let me know what how you hear things with them. I would think that it would be difficult to hear things or too loud. -Dan
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I wear hearing aids. the over the ear type but have also worn the in the ear type. I've had no problems with headsets with either one. However, I can hear the subtle differences in the sounds now and really do not need the headsets and only wear them now when there are other people around (so they don't hear the beeps).
    I'm a retired Miracle-Ear salesman/audiologist and sold many a pair to fellow detectorists with absolutely no complaints.
    You did the right thing getting them and wear them all day, every day. You'll love them!

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com