Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Question about the Registry and the awards/rewards

Hi - I never won or even bothered trying to win on the whole award program b4. I have a question. I recently completed to 100% a small set and it was/is #1 on the registry when May 31 came and went. Here is the set I am asking about.

Link

Now my question is. Do I get an award? If I do what do I get. I really don't care for this sorta thing but maybe I should? Thanks for all info. - Tim

Comments

• NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Yes. You will get a certificate.

BTW, congrats.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Thank you NickM. I guess a certificate will be cool. I can frame it and hang it somewhere. image

Sorry for one more question.

Do I need to be at the National to receive the award or will they mail it?
  • RobbyRobby Posts: 656 ✭✭✭
    Twiley
    Yes .........you will get the year icon as #1 set put in the Registry page ! As far as the award certificate ...........a couple of years ago they quit sending out the awards , unless you e-mailed them to request that they send you one !
    Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set

<< <i>Twiley
    Yes .........you will get the year icon as #1 set put in the Registry page ! As far as the award certificate ...........a couple of years ago they quit sending out the awards , unless you e-mailed them to request that they send you one !
    Robbie >>

Robbie - Thank you. I guess I won't get a certificate because I never requested one. It really is no biggie for me though. The set is not a set I am focusing on. My main focus is the Basic set in my signature.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    You don't have to request it until after they announce you as the winner.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm set to receive an award (tied) for my Ripken Basic Topps Set. I'm planning on having PSA send me the certificate, then sending it to Ripken to have signed. Once I get that back, I'm going to frame the cards along with the certificate. That's the plan anyway...
    Nice Jeff!
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    That was my exact plan for my Andy Robustelli set. I finished at #1 on May 31st with 100% completion. He died the same day.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • That's a great idea, Jeff. Has anyone ever had that done (autographed award)? Also, Does anyone have a scan of an award? I'd like to see what one looks like before I ask them to send me any.
    Positive Transactions:
    Stooge
    jamesgotpoorman
    calaban7
    ddfamf
    theczar
    ShootyBabitt
    hoopguru33

Always looking for:

1960-present Topps Red Sox in PSA 9+
    Topps All-Star Rookies in PSA 9+
    Dennis Eckersley PSA 10's
  • hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • When does PSA actually award the "2011" markers?
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I am curious when the badges will be placed on the sets as well.....it has been ten days so far
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I believe it's not until some time in July.
  • Thanks for posting your award, Hank... Pretty soon you'll have one for that 89 Topps set. You must be getting close!
    Positive Transactions:
    Stooge
    jamesgotpoorman
    calaban7
    ddfamf
    theczar
    ShootyBabitt
    hoopguru33

Always looking for:

1960-present Topps Red Sox in PSA 9+
    Topps All-Star Rookies in PSA 9+
    Dennis Eckersley PSA 10's
  • hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for posting your award, Hank... Pretty soon you'll have one for that 89 Topps set. You must be getting close! >>

still got about 20% to go, have not been working on it too much lately
    but thanks for noticing !
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
    Well the set in my OP is now #2 LOL The runner up finally got the 1 card he was missing. I still will get the award and badge because he missed the deadline.