Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Anyone collect half cents?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
If so, what are your thoughts as to the 1831 being in the sets?
I would hope that would be removed as most things i have read/heard say it really is a proof only issue.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I agree, the 1831 shows as proof only. It should be part of the Basic Circulated set! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone collect half cents? >>

I'm sure there must be at least one image
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone collect half cents? >>

I'm sure there must be at least one image >>

For being as ignored as they are here, they are sure hard to get in nice circ condition....no one wants to sell and those that do want MOOOOOOOON money for them, it seems.
    With the 1796 being in there, and already being a huge STOPPER, having the 1831, which many argue is proof only, is not a good thing for those wanting to complete sets.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• I just have one as a type coin, an 1806, small date, no stems, in a gently used VF35BN. I suspect a lot of interest is in type coins, though for awhile, early copper was getting a lot of buzz--though mostly in cents. Early copper is my weak area, but there is a certain cool factor about having a coin minted while Thomas Jefferson was in office. Half cents as a denomination are great conversation starters, too, when showing coins to friends and relatives, showcasing just how different things were back then, when such a coin had a place in daily commerce.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully agree with you, Scott.
    I didn't at first, and I don't mind early copper NOT being hot (easier to buy then), but these have gotten hard to find/buy.
    Finding nice ones takes even more patience. I have a similar 1806 as what you have.

I, too, started out as a type coin, but we got stoppered on a few other things (much more modern) and I think these are just too cool.