Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1979 nflpa Pennant's ?

Hi guys!!!

Whats the history behind the 1979 nflpa pennants? They look to big to come in packs. I dont ever remember seeing them anywhere.

Thanks for taking the time.

Jeff image
The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
-e90-1
-e95
-m116

Comments

• Options
    morning...
    The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Anyone point me in the right direction?

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I can't help, but your posting a picture would make it more likely that others might be able to...
  • Options
    JustusJustus Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I don't know anything about the distribution of these but here is an example.
    Successful transactions w/Comicgeek68, Statman, Scotgreb, Aupt, captainthreeputt, diamondman, Mickey71, slantycouch, Bkritz, BABERUTHJOEDIMAGGIO, craigger, Huggyface, and many others.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    I'm still working on my set of these and am surprised they aren't more readily available than they are.

They measure around 5" long and 2.5" at the base of the pennant... making them just a bit too tall for standard tallboy holders.

The 51 card set was distributed in retail vending machines just as the 1972 NFLPA Vinyl Sticker and 1972 NFLPA Fabric (a.k.a. iron on) sets were.

All of the 1970's NFLPA offerings are relatively inexpensive sets to piece together.

Snorto~