Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

eBay Reportable Offense?

I listed an item at auction with a reserve last night. Within a few hours my reserve was met ($350). The high bidder sends me a message asking if I'll take $300 shipped for the item. What the heck? The bidder bid my auction up just to find my reserve and make me an offer for less than that? While this is indeed irritating, is it work reporting to eBay?
Interested in any Favre stuff you have to offer. image

Comments

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Is the auction still going on??? Tell the bidder that you will take $350 MINIMUM, if not MORE!!!......I wouldn't want him winning MY auction....
  • just reply NO THANKS to his $300 offer and hopefully somebody will outbid on the $350 reserve auction...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • You and me both. I cancelled all his bids and blocked him. Too shady for me.
    Interested in any Favre stuff you have to offer. image
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Don't know if I'd have canceled his bids, like Rick mentioned someone may have outbid him later on.

Good luck with the auction.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>You and me both. I cancelled all his bids and blocked him. Too shady for me. >>

I agree with Steve & Rick, & would have just said "no thanks", and would have let the bidding process continue.

rd

edit: P.S. Sounds like the bidder is a buyer, just trying to save some bucks. By saying "no thanks" he most likely would have paid you the $350 if indeed, he was the highest bidder. IMO, our poor economy, creates this type of behavior from legitimate buyers. A few years ago chances are this buyer would have never asked for a $50 bump! I can't blame you for "bamming" this buyer. Who know's if you did right? As we are each the "Captain of our own ships"!