Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Rare football autographs for sale : Steve Owen My Kind of Football autobiography and Bill Walsh Goal

I am offering for sale two items from my extensive Pro Football Hall of Fame autograph collection. The first item is an autographed copy of the Steve Owen book, My Kind of Football. The book came out in 1952, Steve died in 1964, and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1966. Autographs of Steve Owen are very tough to find in any form, but autographed copies of this book are EXTREMELY rare. Go ahead and check all of the major auction sites and look for past results of previous auctions regarding this book. Easily the three toughest autographed books by football Hall of Famers are Vince Lombardi's " Run to Daylight ", Jim Thorpe's Fabulous Redmen, and Steve Owen's My Kind of Football. There are NUMEROUS results of past auctions of Run to Daylight. A lot of past auction results for Fabulous Redmen, and as far as I can find, ZERO results for My Kind of Football. Now about this book, it is signed in blue ballpoint pen on the flypage. It is signed
To Joel
With Best Wishes
to you always
Sincerely
Steve Owen
The "y" in Sincerely and the "O" in Owen do mildly intersect , but , in all honesty, does not detract from the autograph. This autographed book is accompanied by a Full Letter of Authenticity from James Spence who personally inspected this item at Chantilly, Virginia on March 19th, 2011. Certificate # X18510
The last autograph of Steve Owen that I saw that sold on Ebay was a LINED, and PERSONALIZED 3 x 5 index card that sold for 837.00 a couple of months ago.
This is a beautiful autograph, on an EXTREMELY rare item, with unquestioned authenticity.
I am asking $1,200.00 for this. I MIGHT accept less, but NOT for AT LEAST two weeks. If no one has offered to pay my price within two weeks, I will consider all offers, but I will NOT consider ANY offer under $1,000.00
Item # 2
Another FANTASTIC item. A Goal Line Art "PROOF" card signed by SanFrancisco 49er Hall of Famer Bill Walsh. Card is numbered 16/50. It is signed in Black sharpie about one inch from the bottom of the card. Signature is BEAUTIFUL. There are 100 signed GOLD cards and 50 signed PROOF cards. The last GOLD card that sold on Ebay sold for 400.00 a few months ago. There are obviously 1/2 as many PROOFS as there are of GOLDS. I am asking for 410.00 for this item.
I will pay for ALL mailing and Insurance costs.
Now the bad news, I do NOT know how to post pictures on this site. I WILL Email pictures to anyone that SERIOUSLY interested in either item. You can PM me, or Email me at sweanes@live.com if you are interested in either item. I WILL consider 3 monthly payments of 400.00 or 4 monthly payments of 300.00 for the Owen book. My Ebay name is BellagioPokerKing. If you need references from me of people on this website that I have had transactions with, I will provide a few.
Thank you very much.
Rocke Sweaney
WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.