Home Precious Metals

How a backyard BBQ can cost over $200,000

It might be physically impossible to have an American summer without participating in at least one barbecue
Every time we fire up the grill, we seem to be reliving that universal 8mm movie of the quintessential barbecue scene. None of us will admit it, but we likely have our own "Wonder Years" inner monologue whenever we hear the crackle of fat on steel and sip an adult beverage while our foreheads crisp in the sun.

There's no real secret to it: Meat gets cooked outdoors and served to a gathering of friends, who ideally each brought a cheap drink and something that loosely complements cooked meat.

But what if you could rewrite the script one time and pull out all the stops for the most expensive barbecue your backyard has ever seen? What if you could tell Kevin Arnold to can it if he doesn't put on some bling? How would one go about constructing such an event? We're not talking about live entertainment and bounce houses, but the bare bones of a barbecue. Bare, expensive bones like a grill, burger, cutlery and beer.

Normally, these essential barbecue components are accessible and affordable. However, the barbecue that follows will not be confused with being either of these.

24-carat gold barbecue
Many successful BST transactions ajia
(x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
mariner67, and Mikes coins

Comments

• Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you'd have to store that grill in a vault when you're done making your dinner.image
    Sorry, but that is totally impractical and way too gaudy for my tastes.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $164,000 for a gold-plated barbecue?

Actual gold value is probably about $700.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

• << <i>$164,000 for a gold-plated barbecue?

Actual gold value is probably about $700. >>

Don't forget the premium! Even APMEX charges em.
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
  • BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    I don't think I'll "PIMP my BBQ"

ps. Winny was a tease image
  • I was thinking, while everyone was out in the back yard having a BBQ, a thief walked in the front door and walked off with the Morgan Collection left on the coffee table.
  • OK the partial set of Morgans left on the coffee table.
  • SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I built one in Rancho Cucamonga, besides the BBQ and cooktop, it had a garbage disposal, full audio system with flat screen, water proof palapa top with ceiling fan and two 12' curved granite counter tops.