Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

NBA Rookie of the year voting.

Well guys, just wondering who you think it's gonna be this year. Guys in contention are

Pau Gasol
Shane Battier
Jason Richardson
Andrei Kirilenko
Eddie Griffin
Jamaal Tinsley
Tony Parker
Richard Jefferson

My votes would be (1st) Gasol (2nd) Richardson and (3rd) Battier. I really like the Kirilenko kid but man he's on the Jazz.....how can I cheer for them....
CB4

Comments

• Options
    UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭
    Gasol has the best talent but I guess Richardson will get it cauz he can dunk better then Pau.. and that sux..
    European power! lmao
  • Options
    I think there is no question pa going to win...both play on suck ass teams, so he'll win based on much better stats.

Mark my words, Jason Richardson won't be going to too many All Star games. I think Tyson Chandler and Gasol will end up being the best players.
  • Options
    Chandler? You got to be joking. Tinsley is better than Chandler. Tony Parker is better than Chandler.
  • Options
    Parker and Tinsley each have an outside chance....but I think Gasol will win it. Granted he doesn't play any D, but he's a pretty big force on Offense....
  • Options
    SkiVermont3SkiVermont3 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭
    i think tinsley was hot for a while, but wont amount to anything....gasol helped HIS team the most, but in the end, i think it will be Jrich...
  • Options
    i think pau,battier,or JRich.
    Dustin bradley AKA Kobe bryant

http://www.webspawner.com/users/cardzparadize/index.html

Always Looking for Kobe bryant,Dirk Nowitzki,Steve Francis,Steve Nash,Michael Finley,Sean Elliot,Quincy Carter,LaDainian Tomlinson,Emmitt Smith

CU References-
    funnyguy0015(4),
    IAMSPORTSCARDSMAN,
    cardnyou(3),
    Baird34,
    Brice(5),
    coryZbinden,
    Josher416
    Clippers21Fan(2)
    Chayne2
    AlabamaHammerSlammer
    Lilai3
    SmoothShooter
    battier(2)
  • Options
    THiToTHiTo Posts: 1,236
    it's funny how they left Brendan Haywood off the list... anyways, Tyson Chandler sucks... Gasol and Battier are good, but their team sucked which will hurt their chances... same with Richardson... Tinsley is prolly the leading candidate, but even his play has slowed down a lot lately... if it's not Tinsley, it will be either Gasol or Richardson...
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I think Pau Gasol should win it, but I brought up Parker and Tinsley because he said only ones that will amount to something is Gasol and Chandler.
  • Options
    ROY is going to be (1) Pau Gasol (2) Jason Richardson (3) Tony Parker

Secondly, living right outside of Chicago I see all the Bulls games on TV and occasionaly I get tickets. The first half of the season Tyson and Eddy Curry both stunk but they were both getting very limited time. Now after the trade that moved Brad Miller out they are getting more minutes and they are both playing very solid. I knew they were good, and it will probably be a few seasons until they start to bloom, but they are showing skillz. Eddy Curry has gotten some double doubles and they both have been scoring double digits as of recent. The Bulls are a very young team and it will be a few more seasons like this but then once they get some more experience Chandler and Curry can be the next twin towers. I still think it was a bad idea to trade Elton away for Tyson though image ChrisDaBalla
  • Options
    No doubt Gasol. Tinsley was doing SO SO SO good at the beginning then he just fell out of the spotlight. J-Rich will maybe come in 2nd because of his amazing dunks then Battier. There is my top 3.
  • Options
    autobilia-

why don't you read my post again, and show me the part where I said Gasol and Chandler would be the only ones to amount to anything.

Yeah, I don't see it either image

I just said they'd be the best of the crop. JRich will be another scorer on a sh*t team, Parker is solid I like him a lot, I think him and Tinsley (ZERO jump shot) will be solid players.

By theway, I hope everyone realizes that Pau gasol is winning the rookie of the year...thats not personal preference (I like the fact that parker does it for a winning team, thats more imprressive to me) butn EVERY scouting report, expert and other columnist I've seen have given gasol the award. THERE IS NO QUESTION. I WILL TAKE ANY BETS ON THIS. I'LL TAKE GASOL< YOU CAN TAKE THREE GUYS, DOESN"T MATTER>
  • Options
    duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    Ooo la la Tony Parker! He has really matured and understood the job of starting point guard so quickly, not an easy thing to do in our tough division!!
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • Options
    gasol but jrichcould since he won all the crap at the allstar game

and by the way any1 who says chandler sux trade me every chandler you got and we will see what happens

rocker and i know our $hit
    COLLECT:Shawn Marion,Morris Peterson,Tyson chandler,Eddie Griffin. CU REFS: 29 unique --- nymets20(2),funnyguy0015(3),tuneman,mich97champs,reddog,mike23(2),lilsun1,biggjc(3),thudfb(3),airjordan23(2),mightymouse,jason,uwftke26(2),gettinout(5),duncangal,epag64(3),kbryant,battiergasolduo,nodoubt64,Scott2141,kobecollector,lafrentz06,Sporto1633,pugsley(2),CoryZbinden,AI3fan,sonicsfan, fuzz86, injun01 , matrix31
    ebay feedback: 260+, 0 negs or nuetrals
    member of TR, CE, CD, CTF, TLR and more
  • Options

<< <i>autobilia-

I just said they'd be the best of the crop. JRich will be another scorer on a sh*t team, Parker is solid I like him a lot, I think him and Tinsley (ZERO jump shot) will be solid players.
    >>

JRich is mostly known for scoring, not D. I think Tony Parker is going to be a great player. You have to realize that he's like 19 years old.
  • Options
    i dont think any rookie is known for D, so Jrich with the awesome dunks and the scoring!
  • Options
    ROY- Pau Gasol
    2nd- Jamaal Tinsley
    3rd- Jason Richardson
    I collect any D.Masons I dont have

Click here for my website

~~~REF's~~~
    Ask For List

• Options
    Gasol will win the award. I stocked up alot on his rare RCs at the start of the season and only collected his rookies out of the whole rookie class. Anyone who thinks Gasol can't play defence has something wrong with his eyes. The guy has only gotten better on D..plus being 6th in the NBA in blocks is pretty good for you first season don't you think. All you had to see what this guy blocking Kevin Garnett on a jam. Garnett looked stunned!!! The guy has amazing skills, wish he shot the 3 alittle more because he does have that range. He is compared to Dirk Nowitzki but has had a way better first season (heck he played better than Dirk in his first two seasons). This guy is going to be a star. The Grizz should get rid of jason williams and draft a real "jason williams" to distribute the ball.

As for Jason Richardson, he will rot in Golden state for a few season then leave them. He has mad skills and will be a fan favourite for years to come. I like his game alot, just ashame it's on Golden State. I'd even like this guy on the Grizz (at least they showed some promise beating the Lakers and some other good teams)

Gasol for rookie of the year.
    Ranks #15 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(9.0)
    Ranks #6 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.514)
    Ranks #9 in the NBA in Blocks Per Game(2.13)
    Ranks #15 in the NBA in Free Throws(309.0)
    Ranks #13 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts(435.0)
    Ranks #12 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds(222.0)
    Ranks #12 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per Game(2.9)
    Ranks #18 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(461.0)
    Ranks #19 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(6.1)
    Ranks #13 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(683.0)
    Ranks #6 in the NBA in Blocks(162.0)
    Ranks #10 in the NBA in Double-doubles(33.0)
    CB4
  • Options
    Gasol will probably win

but i like parker and JOE JOHNSON best of the rookie class

LOOKING CURRENT CLIPPERS and 99-00 RCS

http://donniebaseball23.tripod.com/
    Wantlist on Site
    REFS Johnscottanthony,injun01, haliguy, FatKat, autobilia,awaltz,coachvinny, raf12,thematrix31,duncangal, Kenny21, and many more