Home Sports Talk
Options

Tressel Resigns

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
Even in resigning, he took the weasely way out. With the NBA and NHL finals starting up over the next two days, the story won't have the same focus as if he announced it 2 weeks from now, or 2 weeks ago. Plus it was announced on Memorial Day, a day where the news outlets, and even the sports stations, will focus more on our country, rather than college sports (rightfully so).

Calipari may never be matched, but "saint Jim" isn't too far behind on the list of biggest cheaters in NCAA history.

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    The cover up will get ya!
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    over sales of personal possessions for tattoos!!!!image absolutely un-freakin'believeable.

in light of the money being spent by the top programs to woo young men to their schools and the mess that the entire BCS system is in i find it hard to fathom. this took down a head coach at a premier school, disrupted a program that by all indications was going to have it's best year with some top talent and sits players for about half a season...........................over tattoos. i understand that's an over-simplification of the whole thing but that's the gist of it, players sold their personal belongings for tattoos.

i just don't get it.
  • Options
    I LOVE IT! I hoisted a few brews in honor of ol' Sweater Meat today.
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what to write-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    It's a shame that he covered for whomever he covered for.......

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    SI out with a cover story today online....I guess the resignation timing was forced.

I'm glad he was exposed for what he is.

soooo, who's next? Auburn seems like a logical choice, but I'm sure another one will pop soon.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>over sales of personal possessions for tattoos!!!!image absolutely un-freakin'believeable.

in light of the money being spent by the top programs to woo young men to their schools and the mess that the entire BCS system is in i find it hard to fathom. this took down a head coach at a premier school, disrupted a program that by all indications was going to have it's best year with some top talent and sits players for about half a season...........................over tattoos. i understand that's an over-simplification of the whole thing but that's the gist of it, players sold their personal belongings for tattoos.

i just don't get it. >>

Over-simplification? Haha. To say the least. The stories some ex-players have been singing indicates there's far worse going on there. I'm not sure we'll ever know the entire story, but it's obvious that Tressell is nothing like his image. He obviously had to know most of what was going on. Hell, it sounds like most of the student body knows about the benefits football players get. This guy sounds like he's as corrupt as they come, if even 1/3 of this stuff is proven to be true. We've heard these stories for some time, too, as they surrounded players like Clarett, Hawk, Pryor, etc, before this story ever broke. Further, there's no way that guys like Gee and Smith had no knowledge of this stuff, either. I'll be interested to see if these other players said to be involved in the tat's get suspended, too. Not sure what the NCAA will do about this. They could either make an example, as they tried to do w/ USC, or look the other way like they're apparently doing w/ Auburn.