Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New BBCE website layout?

anyone else not having the website load properly?
Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Yup ... it is loading strangely. Not EZ to read either.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I noticed it early this morning too. It seems that they were updated the site and it didn't reset properly.

I bet it will be fixed on Tuesday.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    ok, glad its not just me lol
    Uh-OH ... maybe it's just like that for Long Island~! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>Uh-OH ... maybe it's just like that for Long Island~! LOL >>

I thought the same thing Doug. Maybe if we drink that beer the site will look a whole lot better. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
    Sucking down a 24oz Bud right now. Sad thing is ... I looked in the Fridge and this is the only one I have left! image
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>

<< <i>Uh-OH ... maybe it's just like that for Long Island~! LOL >>

I thought the same thing Doug. Maybe if we drink that beer the site will look a whole lot better. image >>

LOL i didnt even think about that
    And we are probably all less than 15 miles apart!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>Sucking down a 24oz Bud right now. Sad thing is ... I looked in the Fridge and this is the only one I have left! image >>

I'm down to 3 Sam Adams and I hate Sam Adams, but its too late to get anything else. My brother drank all my Molson Ice last weekend. image

Collecting:

<< <i>And we are probably all less than 15 miles apart! >>

Maybe Eric has some beer??? image

Collecting:
    haha no beer here

<< <i>haha no beer here >>

Collecting:
    Dammit ... go to 7-11 and buy some!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>Dammit ... go to 7-11 and buy some! >>

Do they sell on Sundays?

Collecting:
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    < Dammit ... go to 7-11 and buy some! >>

Do they sell on Sundays?

If the world was really ending last May 21, you can bet 7-11 would be open till the bitter end, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>< Dammit ... go to 7-11 and buy some! >>

Do they sell on Sundays?

If the world was really ending last May 21, you can bet 7-11 would be open till the bitter end, lol.. >>

Didn't you hear, the world is ending on October 21st now. Might as well rip all our packs!!!

Collecting:
    << < Dammit ... go to 7-11 and buy some! >>

Do they sell on Sundays?

If the world was really ending last May 21, you can bet 7-11 would be open till the bitter end, lol.. >>

Didn't you hear, the world is ending on October 21st now. Might as well rip all our packs!!!

Mike, I think you got it confused...October 21 would be the date the Mets win the NL pennant and if that happens the world must end...So we have nothing to worry about! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the front page isn't quite loading correctly on the right hand side. That can be easily fixed by the website designer.

I'd say to Steve - on some of the pages he's got a dark blue background with blue lettering - ya can't even read the lettering without highlighting the whole page to turn the letters white. Ya need to change that Steve.
    I thought New Yorkers only drank Ballantine beer?

• Dammit!! All this talk of beer has given me a craving. It's 10.30pm in Melbourne so might as well crack one.
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.

<< <i>Dammit!! All this talk of beer has given me a craving. It's 10.30pm in Melbourne so might as well crack one. >>

I'll join you. It's Monday morning here, but its never too early for a cold one. image

Collecting:
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    We only stock Heineken here.

• << <i>haha no beer here >>

Too many carbs?
  • dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    Sorry about that guys; I'm starting to do a comprehensive overhaul of all the long descriptions for each product, and I must have messed something up. I started with 1990 baseball products, so if you take a look at those items, LMK what you think about my descriptions. I want each item to have a well-written description of the product so you know what you'll be getting or what you could be getting.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

Reed, we just thought you didn't want us to find more boxes to buy for group rips. image

Collecting:

<< <i>Sorry about that guys; I'm starting to do a comprehensive overhaul of all the long descriptions for each product, and I must have messed something up. I started with 1990 baseball products, so if you take a look at those items, LMK what you think about my descriptions. I want each item to have a well-written description of the product so you know what you'll be getting or what you could be getting. >>

Change that dark blue background ASAP...and I mean ASAP...some people visiting may not realize they can hold the left click on the mouse and scroll down and highlight the lettering so it turns white and ya can read it. You're gonna lose customers with that dark blue background with blue lettering...the page background is very simple and easy to change on the website design software.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    The new site is not iPad friendly. image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Hey Reed, can you go back to the old website style for now and then let us Beta-test your changes? You've got a handful of people here with time to kill and a vested interest in seeing you guys succeed.
  • That's a great idea, and all of the beta testers could be rewarded with an unopened pack. image
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I am glad I put my order in Friday.

That page makes my old eyes hurt.

It will be in top shape for my next order.

I have no beer heer. image

Joe

I don't see anything but dark blue. I think you should go back to the old format at least until you work out the kinks.

• mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Reed - It is much more than 1990-+

None of the old sub catagories work for the details.

and the blue on blue text really sucks.

Hope you can fix it
    MIke

------
    stupid print dots

• I hadn't looked since Friday, from my IPhone sub categories still having an issue.

Hope you guys can fix it quickly.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    Yikes. I like the new descriptions. I always wondered why there wasn't better info, ie total cards per-pack, packs per-box, boxes per-case and so on. That said, the new layout sucks and the colors are hard to read. I hope they change it for the better or find a happy medium. Even the same everything as before with updated descriptions would be much better.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they get the picture and are working on it. They don't have a staff like Facebook who can do a major overhaul instantly.
    We're doing the best we can, but let's not forget, as jeffcbay mentioned, we don't have a large staff. There are five of us at BBCE, and I don't work at the office in Illinois. Plus, none of us are computer experts. The website design is prepackaged (I've seen other sportscard dealers with the same format) and we rely on someone else to fix the technical issues. While we may be behind in terms of technology, we're trying to keep the costs down too. My former employer carries a staff of five to do programming, design and advertising, marketing, etc., but at BBCE it's just me.

Thanks sportscardtheory for the positive review on the new descriptions. It won't be overhauled immediately, but in between the times when I'm on the road buying, I'll keep adding new descriptions.

Reed Kasaoka

<< <i>We're doing the best we can, but let's not forget, as jeffcbay mentioned, we don't have a large staff. There are five of us at BBCE, and I don't work at the office in Illinois. Plus, none of us are computer experts. The website design is prepackaged (I've seen other sportscard dealers with the same format) and we rely on someone else to fix the technical issues. While we may be behind in terms of technology, we're trying to keep the costs down too. My former employer carries a staff of five to do programming, design and advertising, marketing, etc., but at BBCE it's just me.

Thanks sportscardtheory for the positive review on the new descriptions. It won't be overhauled immediately, but in between the times when I'm on the road buying, I'll keep adding new descriptions. >>

ohhhhhhhh im LIKING the new layout!

500 items per page is fantastic to look through!
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We're doing the best we can, but let's not forget, as jeffcbay mentioned, we don't have a large staff. There are five of us at BBCE, and I don't work at the office in Illinois. Plus, none of us are computer experts. The website design is prepackaged (I've seen other sportscard dealers with the same format) and we rely on someone else to fix the technical issues. While we may be behind in terms of technology, we're trying to keep the costs down too. My former employer carries a staff of five to do programming, design and advertising, marketing, etc., but at BBCE it's just me.

Thanks sportscardtheory for the positive review on the new descriptions. It won't be overhauled immediately, but in between the times when I'm on the road buying, I'll keep adding new descriptions. >>

Reed, I hope you don't take the comments here to be mean-spirited, unconstructive criticism. I think we're all just rooting for the BBCE website to be as sharp as the rest of the operation and no doubt it will be when you're finished.

<< <i>Reed, I hope you don't take the comments here to be mean-spirited, unconstructive criticism. I think we're all just rooting for the BBCE website to be as sharp as the rest of the operation and no doubt it will be when you're finished.

image >>

Totally agree. I also like the 500 items per page feature as well.

Looking forward to the expanded descriptions. Another thing to consider down the road is to add some back scans to the higher end individual cello and racks packs. Thanks Reed.

Collecting:

<< <i>

Reed, I hope you don't take the comments here to be mean-spirited, unconstructive criticism. I think we're all just rooting for the BBCE website to be as sharp as the rest of the operation and no doubt it will be when you're finished.

image >>

Nah, I can tell when the comments are leaning towards being snide and rude. Every business can improve what they do in some way, and we're definitely no exception there. Suggestions for improvement are always welcomed.

BTW, I wasn't responsible for the layout change (that was the work of the webmaster) but damn, it does look good, doesn't it?

Reed Kasaoka

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    The changes look great! The only thing I see that still doesn't work is the "Go To New Items" button (my favorite button on the site). For me it goes to an error page.