Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Indy 500 - from Champ to Chump with less than a Lap To Go!

The final lap.

Hard to believe!
Mike

Comments

• twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    I watched the race live on ESPN. It was a wild finish for sure. I enjoyed the race. Had a good time with friends. Was cool to see the 100th race of the Indy 500. I have been watching the Indy 500 every year since 1976. A.J. Foyt is still my favorite Indy driver.
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    WOW!!!
    PackManInNC
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    That was some finish. Like Yogi said, it ain't over till the fat lady sings. image

<< <i>A.J. Foyt is still my favorite Indy driver. >>

image I agree completely.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That was some finish. Like Yogi said, it ain't over till the fat lady sings. image

image I agree completely. >>

Me too!

Man you guys are old!

Foyt, Unser and Andretti - favorites of mine.
    Mike
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jimmy Bryan won when I was 1 month old!

Edited to add: I remember the race well!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Man you guys are old! >>

Not old, just more experienced. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923

<< <i>

<< <i>That was some finish. Like Yogi said, it ain't over till the fat lady sings. image

image I agree completely. >>

Me too!

Man you guys are old!

Foyt, Unser and Andretti - favorites of mine. >>

Sigh. When you can say you used to love watching A.J. Foyt race every memorial day and saw him win the 1977 Indy 500. That is considered being old? Time sure does fly I guess.

Foyt will always be my favorite. I remember one Indy race he had the announcers all worked up. At the time those announcers couldn't believe the moves he was making. They were saying "that is was impossible". Yet he was doing it. The announcers were beside themselves. I can't remember the exact year or laps. I do remember it involved Foyt passing a lot of cars to get to the front before the checker flag. I haven't seen drivers pass that many cars like that since. Something I will never forget.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The final lap.

Hard to believe! >>

Wow - I didn't read anything about it but I guess perhaps he took his focus off the race for a split second thinking about the victory party instead of finishing the race. Nothing new - It's happened before a number of times in a number of sports.