Home Precious Metals
Options

Philosophy behind Financial Websites

derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
Do you agree or disagree with the author's assessment of your favorite financial websites?

Linky

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486
    Most of those sites I haven't seen, but judging by the synopsis it's a pretty good assessment . I have followed some over the years, some before there were "sites" I remember the Growth Fund Guide said stocks were too expensive in the early 90's and missed the big bull market, of course they didn't tank in '99, it would be interesting to see what they think of this economic climate.

Some will be right, some will be wrong. My personal take is that if financial calamity strikes ( I mean worse than it isimage) then it won't matter where you're invested. If you have everything in one camp, you better hope you've picked right. I think we have some rough water ahead, but at some point the clowns in Washington will do something correctly. What did Churchill say about the American people? Something like we could be counted on to do the right thing, after we had exhausted all options.
    IMHO diversification is more important now than ever, it's the best way to try and prepare for all eventualties.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to this article's way of labeling people, the majority of PM forum posters would be called "catostrophists." There is little room for anyone else.

Most of the sites I read routinely (other than Safehaven) aren't represented here. But I don't have any issue with how he ranks these various websites. I
    try to read more sites that offer an inbetween view so I don't get run over by the constant din of catostrophists.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where can I get an actual tin-foil hat? I might buy two.image

On the other hand, I work on a daily basis with real people in real companies, in the real world - so I have to maintain some sort of balance, just like we all do. But that doesn't stop me from wishing that I could move back to Baleyville.

yellowkid, I agree about diversification. That's why I've diversified between gold, silver and platinum. And some cash.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486

yellowkid, I agree about diversification. That's why I've diversified between gold, silver and platinum. And some cash.image