So I take it you aren't watching?image

Robert
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Only if it's game 7!

------
    stupid print dots

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'm watching.

Actually it's like a game 7, this is it.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    I'm watching! Looking forward to a great 2nd half.
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Didn't know I had to come to this forum for good CL talk.

Barca (mainly due to Messi) plays the game like nobody else on earth. Very few (if any) long balls. Everything is high percentage passes through the middle until they catch the defense napping, and can slip a guy through a seam. Just a beautiful way to play the game. So much more enjoyable than watching low percentage crosses from the outside that are so common in the EPL.

• BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Didn't know I had to come to this forum for good CL talk.

Barca (mainly due to Messi) plays the game like nobody else on earth. Very few (if any) long balls. Everything is high percentage passes through the middle until they catch the defense napping, and can slip a guy through a seam. Just a beautiful way to play the game. So much more enjoyable than watching low percentage crosses from the outside that are so common in the EPL. >>

Excellent points, IMO, though I would argue that Xavi and Iniesta also contribute greatly to the tiki-taki style that is the hallmark of the Catalonians. I'm not really a Barca fan, but I'll admit they're a fun team to watch, and since I loathe United I rooted for the Blaugrana all afternoon. It was a good game, with a result that seemed fair. Nice to see Alves and Pedro keep their feet under them, and not thrash around on the pitch trying to draw fouls like they did in the Real tie.