Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

It's that time again...

ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
1909 vdb PR65 NGC (Stacks Bowers)

I think it looks more appealing than others we have discussed here.

Comments

• Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1909 vdb PR65 NGC (Stacks Bowers)

I think it looks more appealing than others we have discussed here. >>

I agree. I like the looks of that one. I wonder what kept it from crossing. Perhaps when someone sees it in person they can comment. Thanks.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I agree. I like the looks of that one. I wonder what kept it from crossing. Perhaps when someone sees it in person they can comment. Thanks. >>

Maybe it was never tried for a crossover?? Millions of coins are in NGC holders and not all of them have been tried for a crossover.
  • Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    I agree. I like the looks of that one. I wonder what kept it from crossing. Perhaps when someone sees it in person they can comment. Thanks. >>

Maybe it was never tried for a crossover?? Millions of coins are in NGC holders and not all of them have been tried for a crossover. >>

Yes, but with this particular coin, we both know that a copper coin of this rarity would command more $ in a PCGS holder and any savvy auction house would try a cross first.
  • Options
    I like it however I bet it only bring $15K in a NGC holder
  • Options
    PR65RB

Looks like a nice solid 65 but wonder if PCGS would BN it? image
  • Options
    PQueuePQueue Posts: 901 ✭✭✭
    What ever happened to matte fever and the ole Posse?
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What ever happened to matte fever and the ole Posse? >>

• Options
    PQueuePQueue Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ever happened to matte fever and the ole Posse?

We are still here!! The posse is always ready to ride! Some sold off there Mattes with big profits during the fever. The rush for mattes was based on two unknowns. First, was the Mint going to make 2009 the LAST of the cent and was Cent collecting going to go wild when the focus on the its 100 years of production, new types, etc created a rush in which either case, a buying frenzy would occur and run up values. Well, now we know the answers to both questions.

As far as the MPL values, unless they are exceptional, they have fallen from the hey day values. Just last week 2 separate lower graded MPL sold on Teletrade for under $400 each. You could have not bought any MPL for under 6-$700 3 years ago.

Which brings us back to the NGC example..I expect someone who has enough cash to get a better deal than 3 years ago.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    I would love to own that coin!!! wowza!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,