Home Precious Metals
Options

Not sure mintmark-"O"?

Hi all cu,
I been looking for 1847-o seated quarter. Yesterday pop up ebay # 260791769733 Do you think mintmark-"O"? thanks

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi all cu,
    I been looking for 1847-o seated quarter. Yesterday pop up ebay # 260791769733 Do you think mintmark-"O"? thanks >>

This is the Precious Metals forum. You may have better luck getting an answer on the U.S. Coin forum. Or, are you trying to buy one for melt value?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Ok thanks I was not know forum which and I lower level reading. I am very sorry thanksimage
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I don't think so. I think it is just toning that looks like a O.
    Becky
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to specialize in trying to find 47-0 quarters, and don't recall a mint mark position that far left, and tilted as well. Probably just a "mirage."
    They do have a different reeding count than the Philly coins.

While the 47-0 is a pretty tough date there are plenty of them out there. Keep looking, you'll run across another pretty soon. I once found a nice Fine
    at a garage sale. When these were easily buyable for $25-$100 in Fine to VF they were a deal. Now at multiples of those prices, just another tougher
    date with a high price tag.

The 47-0 quarter is made of 90% silver....a precious metal. It's the right forum. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok thanks I was not know forum which and I lower level reading. I am very sorry thanksimage >>

we don't mind the reading level.

we are just trying to help you get a better answer.

list of forums

US Coin forum

unfortunately, that is all the help I can offer. I do not know seated coins.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions