Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Just started a new Everyman's Collection of Standing Liberty Quarters

MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I have put together a few sets of these beautiful coins - and I have found myself
with a few slots still open for my newest Mint State Set - the usual suspects are
missing... the 1916... the 18/7-S... the 19-D & S ... and the 27-S.

In the past, I have always had a set of near MS coins - sometimes raw Dansco sets -
sometimes certified sets. At this time, I'm putting together a nice "almost FH " AU 58 set.

My newest purchases:

Mike Hayes
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases

Comments

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    Those are very nice! Congrats!
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Mike.......AU58 is a nice grade!image
  • smallchangesmallchange Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    AU58 is a nice grade, may take awhile to complete. I always seem to find 50 and 53,s but not many 58's. Congratulations on a great start

Jim
    Successful BST transactions with lkenefic, AnkurJ, ajia, stephunter, No lawyer
  • CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The '23 sure looks FH to me! That dark spot looks like an ear hole but I guess there isn't enough distinction on the three leaves.

They are both very nice.
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Great set to build, I love that grade !!
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That'll be a cool set!! So you're not buying any that are graded AU58FH then?? just ones that are AU58 but are close to FH?

I just sold a 1927 in PCGS AU58FH at Long Beach so I know there's a pretty big premium on the FH designation. probably a $40 or so coin w/o the FH but I got $150 for it w/ the FH designation... probably could have sold it for more too.
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That'll be a cool set!! So you're not buying any that are graded AU58FH then?? just ones that are AU58 but are close to FH?

I just sold a 1927 in PCGS AU58FH at Long Beach so I know there's a pretty big premium on the FH designation. probably a $40 or so coin w/o the FH but I got $150 for it w/ the FH designation... probably could have sold it for more too. >>

That's my intention - now - especially where I am almost
    complete with my 63-64 MS set with a 50/50 FH split.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases