Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

**SOLD**

I just had this one pop from a sub I piggybacked on with Pete (burke23), and it's probably too nice for my set. SEE BELOW FOR REDUCED PRICE

If it doesn't sell here it will go up on the Bay next week.

imageimage
'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
*Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA

Comments

• jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Walter,

That's a real beauty...sell it and buy some 56s for your set. Nice job!

Jeff
  • Amazing card good luck selling.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    That's a great looking card. I collect numerous set including the 1970 Topps set. I wish this set were higher up on my priorty list , but for now its not. But one day it might be as I love great quality cards for the sets I collect.

Again, great card and best wishes on selling it.---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Thanks for all the well wishes. I never thought much of the '70 set..... until I bought a nice raw lot of about 50 cards from a forum member and started picking away at it. Now I absolutely love it.

I may ultimately end up keeping it as a nice centerpiece to my set, which is a NM or better mix of raw and graded. But since it's a low pop, I gotta test the market. image
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• natetrooknatetrook Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Nice card! Good luck with the sale.
  • bump
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Wow nice card.. good luck with the sale.
  • Now up on EBay, same parameters. Shipping is free to any board member, even if the purchase is made on EBay.
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Haven't been able to move this card on EBay (at least not for a price I like), so I'll try one more time here before I decide to just keep it. $175 delivered. That price is firm.

PM if interested.......
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I love the 1970 set.

I'm about 100 cards away now...... in VG/EXish.... and raw.

So obviously, this card is not for me. ;-)

But it's still a beauty!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.

• << <i>I love the 1970 set.

I'm about 100 cards away now...... in VG/EXish.... and raw.

So obviously, this card is not for me. ;-)

But it's still a beauty! >>

Thanks. I'm closing in on 70% completion on this set- mostly raw with about 80 graded cards. It won't be finished anytime soon.
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• final bump!
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    I haven't been on the boards in a while so I just saw this thread. What's the pop on that card? I don't think you could have found a PSA-10 low pop common for $175 a few years back. The low number cards in the 1970 set are pretty tough in high grade so to pull out a PSA-10 - it should command a premium price.

• << <i>I haven't been on the boards in a while so I just saw this thread. What's the pop on that card? I don't think you could have found a PSA-10 low pop common for $175 a few years back. The low number cards in the 1970 set are pretty tough in high grade so to pull out a PSA-10 - it should command a premium price. >>

At least as of several days ago, it was still a POP 3. There hasn't been much interest in this card, to be honest. This surprises me given the competition I've faced buying NM-MT raw cards in EBay auctions. Maybe a lot of people collect this set in high grade, but few choose to do it in super-high grade.
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• wallst32wallst32 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    I would just try auctioning it off since so many people ignore fixed price listings. Only takes a couple of bidders to really make it take off.
  • I could use some cash this month- and as fun as it is to have this card, a PSA 10 really has no business being in my set. It's developing into a pretty nice set, but it ain't THAT nice. So I'm going to put it on EBay Sunday night with a .99 starting bid, and que sera sera.

Until Sunday night, first $165 takes it. Price still includes shipping.

Edited to add: It's still a POP 3 as of today.
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14