Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FS: 1990 Pro Set Fred Marion "Belt" Error PSA 9 pop2 - No 10s

Asking $150.

Nearly impossible to locate in this condition, one of only 2 PSA 9 copies out there, no 10s (a single BGS 9.5 exists).

One of the rarest Pro Set error cards produced, shows a crudely-drawn penis extending from John Taylor's waist, noted in guides as a "belt":

My Error & Variation Blog

Collecting Robin Ventura and Matt Luke.

Comments

• Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Ahh, I never knew it was drawn on there. I've never seen the card up close so I always thought it actually was a belt but looked phallic so they removed it. Interesting.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Ahh, I never knew it was drawn on there. I've never seen the card up close so I always thought it actually was a belt but looked phallic so they removed it. Interesting. >>

Same here.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323

<< <i>Asking $150.

Nearly impossible to locate in this condition, one of only 2 PSA 9 copies out there, no 10s (a single BGS 9.5 exists).

One of the rarest Pro Set error cards produced, shows a crudely-drawn penis extending from John Taylor's waist, noted in guides as a "belt":

image >>

Confused...............So does that mean I can take some random Modern Football Card draw a Boner on it and get it slabbed as an Error? Who the Double He!! supposededly drew that on the Card? And there are more than one? I don't get it, I have real error Blank Back Cards from the 60's but PSA won't slab them and they'll put this worthless crap in a Slab?

I mean really look at this Listing.....its mine, # 200610926002, PSA refused to Slab it twice, that's a real error not drawing a Boner on a Card!! Unfrickin'Believeable!!!

Wow just Wow!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Confused...............So does that mean I can take some random Modern Football Card draw a Boner on it and get it slabbed as an Error? Who the Double He!! supposededly drew that on the Card? And there are more than one? I don't get it, I have real error Blank Back Cards from the 60's but PSA won't slab them and they'll put this worthless crap in a Slab?

; >>

Its not drawn on the card directly, it was drawn on the negative used to make the card.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    I never thought I'd say this about a man's appendage before, but I wish I could see it up close. It's really surprising to me that it was added to the negative and not actually a belt. Learn something new every day.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Asking $150.

image >>

I mean really look at this Listing.....its mine, # 200610926002, PSA refused to Slab it twice, that's a real error not drawing a Boner on a Card!! Unfrickin'Believeable!!!

Wow just Wow!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage >>

The boner is not hand-drawn onto the card. Someone either with the NFL properties photo dept or Pro Set altered the slide, as a joke.

The "belt" term is as ridiculous as "rick face." If you look at the angle of it, there's no chance of it being an unbuckled belt. Plus it has no texture to it, as a belt would. And uh, none of my belts have "heads."

The reason PSA won't grade your blankbacks is because much of that stuff was lifted from the factory (not so much in the 60's as the 80's and 90's) whereas this card was issued in packs in very limited numbers.

• Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Actually with a "belt" like that he should be running in the Kentucky Derby......
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    If they slab those then they should also slab the 1977 Star Wars C3PO boner card IMO
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options

<< <i>If they slab those then they should also slab the 1977 Star Wars C3PO boner card IMO >>

100% agreed.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jackson ... that Avatar ... is that really you the first time you saw the "BELT" card????? LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.