Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Uncirculated Canadian Find

A friend of mine recently found some rolls and a baggie of loose silver Canadian dimes and quarters. The dime roll is a gem 1965 which was in a plastic roll. The quarters are a gem 1963 roll in plastic roll holder, 1/2 roll of 1966 gems in plastic holder and 2 rolls (80 coins) of 1965 quarters in a baggie. The coins in the plastic baggie are still nice BU coins but some are toned, not blast white like the taped roll coins. What I'm wondering is whether to sell them individually on e-bay or by the roll lot. Any suggestions? I've also posted this on the Foreign Buy, Sell Forum in case someone is interested. Below is a sampling of the coins. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Even in BU/near gem they are basically worth melt. If certified PCGS/ICCS MS65 there's a decent premium. But just barely worth the grading costs.

Edit- they might also be prooflike coins (from sets), in which case even a grade of 65 would be no premium over melt.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options

<< <i>What I'm wondering is whether to sell them individually on e-bay or by the roll lot. Any suggestions?
    image >>

I suggest you sell the one with the upside down potrait on eBay as a mint error.

Edited to add a serious suggestion...

You'll get the best price with over hyped language in an eBay listing.

Yes, seriously.

Sell the story rather than the coins. (You've got a pretty good story there.)

For example, you could price them in one listing at a well inflated price for each, (with dozens available), and add a discount on shipping for purchases of 5 or more.
  • Options
    I'm willing to pay a slight premium over melt for BU later date Canadian coins and wouldn't be surprised if there weren't other that feel the same way.
    If you're feeling bullish on silver, you should hold onto them otherwise an eBay auction should find ready bidders.