Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Gorgeous Complete PSA Graded Hockey sets on Ebay

1st off, these are not my sets but I thought those that collect sets would appreciate this post.

Ebay seller 70shockey has some mighty impressive hockey sets for sale. I appears he sold a complete PSA graded 1982-83 OPC set and has a 1981 and a 1983 set listed now. I am not good at posting links but I think you might enjoy the cards.

These sets are the best of the best with more PSA 10s than you could ever imagine. I know hockey isn't the highlight of these boards but all collectors, I suspect, would respect the time and effort put into building these sets.

The colors are just magnificent.

I do not know the seller personally - I have bought and sold to him over the past decade. Always was top shelf guy.

What a collection.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    Here is a link (hopefully) to one of the sets -

1981 OPC Set on eBay
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    WOW!

even more impressive is that the seller knows how to show PROPER scans!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    81 OPC is my favorite...
    How many times does Pat Ribble show up on an 81 OPC card is the question. He is on I am not kidding
    probably 15 to 20 cards.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike is a great guy and I hope he sells his sets for his asking price. You won't find better sets, period.

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    The 81 Messier is a very very tough card to find that nice. Anyone I have ever seen and I have handled
    a lot of them is either dirty/yellow or oc top to bottom. Don't love his Kurri though should be oc.

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    hockeycrazyhockeycrazy Posts: 309 ✭✭
    The 1983-84 set is really nice looking. And I agree with the comment on really knowing how to scan nicely. Dave
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words! Those are my sets. I did sell the 1982 OPC set. I do plan on listing my other sets if anybody is interested. Im trying to get out of them close to what im in to them. Im just trying to spend more focus on the pre 1980 cards. I'll be happy to give a bit of a discount for the board members.

Cheers!
    Mike
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

<< <i>81 OPC is my favorite...
    How many times does Pat Ribble show up on an 81 OPC card is the question. He is on I am not kidding
    probably 15 to 20 cards. >>

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.image
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    Those are amazing sets. As a kid, I owned the 81 paul coffey rookie. Would probably grade an 8.

You'd have to look a long time to find raw 81/82's that nice, all 9's. The whole collection is incredible.
  • Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    Impressive set.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    WoW! Those are some great looking Hockey sets.
    I love those '81, '82 and '83 OPC sets. The seller is top notch too!!
  • Options
    hockeycrazyhockeycrazy Posts: 309 ✭✭
    Well, he's done it again - adding an amazing 1985 OPC set. 1985 has always been my favorite modern hockey set. This one is awesome looking. Dave