Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Up for auction; 1953-S PCGS MS65FS

leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Comments

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice coin Leo, not my series but a nice coin. >>

Thank you. It's been a pop 2/0 coin, for what, 6+ years and the only question that remains is, who's going to get it?

Leo.

• LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And my friends and family call me crazy when I buy a coin for more than $100...

Nice coin, best of luck on the sale. image
  • sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    Yes, that is a beauty. Glad to see you are getting strong offers. Not my series either though.
    Thanks guys for the nice comments on the coin and I know this coin very well.

Leo

• JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to be negative but that doesn't seem like much of an auction. You might or might not sell it for some unknown price? Don't know when the auction will end?

<< <i>Sorry to be negative but that doesn't seem like much of an auction. You might or might not sell it for some unknown price? Don't know when the auction will end? >>

4-5 years ago I bought a registry set in nickels and sold most of the coins in the BST. I took offers for those coins and whenever someone better an offer I'd let all those who had a stake in a coin know. Each party decided upon their own whether they wanted to make a better offer to possibly secure the coin. After the auction, everyone who posted to say so, thought it went well.

With the reserve in the 1953-S auction, I'm taking offers but if they fall short of what I'm learning would be a good value, the coin will not sell, it's that simple. The sale of this coin does not need to meet the reserve.

A drawback to this sale is posting it here in the Registry Forum, slow as it's been here.

Leo

<< <i>Hey Leo you should send it to Heritage with an appropriate reserve. You will generally get close to what it is worth, frequently more. >>

I don't know. I think I've developed some kind of phobia with auction houses. Thanks anyway.

Leo