Home Precious Metals
Options

Move over India. There is a new sheriff in town

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the comments posted on that, bugs and bears, bubbles and bulls. Anybody hear of the Complete Dividend Plan that one of the posters mentions? My work blocked any of the first few sites that came up in google for me as suspicious business - spam crap?
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

Mexico bought a big amount in Feb/Mar. China bought a bunch in Jan-Mar. Yet the price is only about $100 higher than the average during that time.

Governments tend to announce their purchases after they buy

Well, at least they aint that stupid.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sheriff's total doesn't necessarily include the gold the govt gets directly from the miners they have agreements with, esp. those mining in China.
    China is now the world's leading gold producer with around 340 tons per year and growing. USA is 4th with Nevada accounting for over 80% of the production.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Read the comments posted on that, bugs and bears, bubbles and bulls. Anybody hear of the Complete Dividend Plan that one of the posters mentions? My work blocked any of the first few sites that came up in google for me as suspicious business - spam crap? >>

try here

does this get blocked?

or here

ahhh for only $29.99! someone trying to make a buck on what i call "how to boil water"
  • Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486
    More evidence of why I feel that "bubble" talk about gold is silly. There are simply more people in the world now who have a little money, and want some place to put it.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    China is now the world's leading gold producer with around 340 tons per year and growing. USA is 4th with Nevada accounting for over 80% of the production

Isn't all that new supply of gold coming on the market going to devalue the existing gold?

After all, they're "creating" valuable gold from worthless dirt and rocks.

I'm really worried that all this quantitative gold easing is going to devalue my existing gold image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    TheBigBTheBigB Posts: 942

<< <i>Isn't all that new supply of gold coming on the market going to devalue the existing gold? >>

You can send all your devalued gold to me, I was thinking about casting some into a new sink for my bathroom.image
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Read the comments posted on that, bugs and bears, bubbles and bulls. Anybody hear of the Complete Dividend Plan that one of the posters mentions? My work blocked any of the first few sites that came up in google for me as suspicious business - spam crap? >>

try here

does this get blocked?

or here

ahhh for only $29.99! someone trying to make a buck on what i call "how to boil water" >>

On the home laptop: yeah figured it was crapola
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>China is now the world's leading gold producer with around 340 tons per year and growing. USA is 4th with Nevada accounting for over 80% of the production
    Isn't all that new supply of gold coming on the market going to devalue the existing gold?
    I'm really worried that all this quantitative gold easing is going to devalue my existing gold >>

The gold is being found, not created. But the "finding" rate has averaged around 1-1/2% per year on average. That's a lot lower than the 3%/yr average "published"
    inflation rate over the past 90 years, and multiples lower than the average growth in monetary aggregates M1, M2, M3. When compared to the growth of debt "money"
    created outside the monetary system as well as otc derivatives, the gold increase is almost negligible in comparison and can be effectively called zero. A most barbarous
    concept. image

During the peak years of 2004-2008 otc derivatives were being created to the tune of around $150-$200 TRILL per year. The fact that the amount of gold is increasing
    each year is no surprise or unexpected since at least in recent times, it really never gets destroyed in any significant quantities. But if it's increasing at the same amount
    as the world's population is, then that would be what an alternate money aggregate should do to keep things on an even keel. Since world population growth has outpaced
    the growth in gold reserves, it's only becoming relatively scarcer.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm really worried that all this quantitative gold easing is going to devalue my existing gold

But, but, but, Baley - aren't we always being told that there isn't enough gold that it could ever be used as "money"?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.