Home Sports Talk
Options

Dirk Nowitski had one heck of a game for Dallas last night against OKC; and J.J. Berea made.........

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
...............Nate Robinson of OKC look like a player with no clue on how to play defense.

48 points by Nowitski, 24-24 on free throws and 12 out of 15 or sixteen from the field. He caused OKC defenders to rack up 16 fouls against him.

Berea was on fire for a stretch of the game in the second half. No one could stop him on his drives to the hoop.

Still OKC had a late run to cut the Dallas lead to 5 points. Kevin Durant is an amazing player and is only 22 years old. Russell Westbrook was horrible last night but his physical gifts [especially his quickness] are amazing.

The NBA stars of the past 15 or so years [Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, K.G., Pierce, Nash, Yao Ming, etc.] are going to be supplanted by the newer, younger stars [James, Durant, Rose, Wade, etc.]

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be a fun series to watch! image
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    that 'passing of the torch' has already happened, no doubt.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Very impressive game by Dirk but he isn't going to shoot like that again which tells me this should be a very good series. I am rooting for OKC!
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    En Fuego!
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Very impressive game by Dirk but he isn't going to shoot like that again which tells me this should be a very good series. I am rooting for OKC! >>

>>>>>>> this latest thumping of OKC by Dallas on the road featuring Dirk Nowitski was even better! <<<<<<<

with Dallas down by 15 points with less than 5 minutes to play in the hostile arena of Oklahoma City, and Dirk Nowitzki took charge for one of the most impressive comebacks in "playoff history".

Wow!

rd

p.s. Guess Reggie Miller's 8 points with 11 seconds left, trashing the New York Knicks, was the best ever comeback in basketball playoff history? Where do you place this "15 point" comeback with less than 5 minutes to go in playoff history lore' image
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Very impressive comeback. Dirk has the will to win it all right now.

Most great teams have steps to their championship run and that was a big lesson for the Thunder last night. I predict Heat v. Thunder in NEXT year's NBA finals... or the year after that if they cancel next season due to lockout.