Home Sports Talk

WOW! did anyone see PUJOLS play third base?

He suggested it to Larussa, due to all injured 3rd baseman...

He made 6 plays, 3 looked like GOLD GLOVE CALIBER plays, even a great double play!... how many players can play a position still after 9 years or rustiness (2002 was last he played)

Pujols is off to a slow start by his standards but still is on pace for 30 HR 100 RBI and 100 Runs....

not to mention he has his team in first!

I Hope some enjoy watching this Generational Player as much as i do!

Comments

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    I Hope some enjoy watching this Generational Player as much as i do!

I do not think that is likely. However, he is certainly a great player.
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I Hope some enjoy watching this Generational Player as much as i do! >>

I would have to say that will never happen. I doubt there are other members here who truly love a player like u do. Its always seemed to me that Pujols is more than your hero or favorite player. I'm thinking u have fantasies about him, and its not about baseball.

Just saying,

b

• << <i>not to mention he has his team in first! >>

Berkman has his team in first. can't consider a .260 hitter the player that has a team playing well.
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>not to mention he has his team in first! >>

Berkman has his team in first. can't consider a .260 hitter the player that has a team playing well. >>

I'm really confused at this argument.

What, exactly, constitutes a team being in first??

Signed,

A Reds Fan
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>not to mention he has his team in first! >>

Berkman has his team in first. can't consider a .260 hitter the player that has a team playing well. >>

I'm really confused at this argument.

What, exactly, constitutes a team being in first??

Signed,

A Reds Fan >>

When you're Albert Pujols, you can have your team in 1st place even when you're actually 1-1/2 games back. Did you not learn this in "Albert Pujols is Greatest 101" class?

Tabe
  • My mistake. Lance Berkman has his team in 2nd place instead of 3rd.
  • ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He suggested it to Larussa, due to all injured 3rd baseman...

He made 6 plays, 3 looked like GOLD GLOVE CALIBER plays, even a great double play!... how many players can play a position still after 9 years or rustiness (2002 was last he played)

Pujols is off to a slow start by his standards but still is on pace for 30 HR 100 RBI and 100 Runs....

not to mention he has his team in first!

I Hope some enjoy watching this Generational Player as much as i do! >>

Not completely true, he played third earlier this year in a game against the Braves. I believe it was for 2 innings. Before that it was in 2002.
  • if pujols doesnt bat 30 homers and .300 average will he give the cards a discount?
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    It is funny how when someone is so infactuated with a player, that in turn makes me root against them.
  • ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    Pujols is a a heck of a player and it's pretty amazing that he did well at 3rd base considering what it takes to play that position. He's a great player and one of these days I'll fork over $3.5K for one of his 2001 Chrome Autos
  • You got a little something on your chin
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pujols likes third base because he can store his stash there underneath the bag in case he needs it during the game.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I've heard a rumour that Pujols will be pitching and catching for the Cardinals too. At the same time.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭
    of course you do realize that playing Pujols at 3B was an incredibly stupid decision right? You do recall your hero has a torn ligament in his right elbow that he still has not undergone surgery on correct? Due respect to him for offering to put his contract in more jeopardy, but it was still a stupid move on the part of management.