Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question RE free grading @ 90% set completion

PSA website reads that 1 free grading is offered when you reach 90% completion for sets consisting of 1-50 cards.

Does this really apply to sets that are between 1 and 9 cards? The reason I ask is that 90% completion is not attainable without also reaching 100% completion for these small sets (i.e. 8/9 cards is 89% complete, and so on).

Thanks for any clarification you can give, I assume that some of you must have tried this with a < 10 card set. Thanks image

Chad
1955 Topps is done!
working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7

Comments

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I haven't done it myself yet, but yes, it does apply. You can use that free grade if you have a raw one that you think might get a higher grade than one you already have slabbed. Also, contact PSA to find out whether you can use your free grade for a review submission.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I used mine for a review earlier this year.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Thanks, I hadn't even thought of using it for a review. Do you know if I can send in multiple free gradings for many different sets in one order? I've been saving up.

Thanks again,
    Chad
    1955 Topps is done!
  • Options
    augustamanaugustaman Posts: 583 ✭✭
    If you plan on sending in all the cards at once, then YES, you can use multiple free
    gradings from different sets. When you contact customer service, let them know
    you plan to submit all free gradings at once. They will put your free vouchers on
    one submission request form. Otherwise, ask them to put your free vouchers on
    on seperate submission forms. PSA will prepare and send you your forms which
    ever way you request.
    Remember though, contact them first for you free submission form(s). They will mail
    them to you. Don't just print off a blank form and write "90% free submission" on
    it. Good luck.

Bill
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    Now that I re-read my post above, I wasn't asking exactly the right question.

My question should have been "If you have 1 remaining card to complete a set which consists of less than 10 cards, can you get your free grading, or do you need to complete 100% of the set to get the free grading?"

The answer, as I just found out, is that yes, you must complete 100% of these sets (1-9 cards) to get your free grading. The 90% complete rule is law. It seemed logical to me that if you had all but one card in a set, you would get a free grade, but I see that this becomes a little silly with 3 card sets.

Got it.

Chad
    1955 Topps is done!