Home Sports Talk
Options

Kevin Durant and why I am liking the NBA a ton again

halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭
There he is, a 6'9" small forward with a sick game. He's not covered in tatoos, and he's not into bling, and he does not come across like some thug.

In the post-game press conference, he's sitting at the table in a collared shirt with a backpack instead of some suit worth thousands of dollars. So self-effacing and casual.

If there is something not to like about him, I would love to know what it is.

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    He and Russell Westbrook seem to be a great tandem. High quality players and individuals. The future is very bright in OKC!
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westbrook is one of the quickest players I have seen in a long time. If he is able to improve his skill set over the next 3 years or so, he is going to be a perrenial All-Star. Durant is so good it is just not fair. Must be pretty fun in OKC right now.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    How about last Summer when all that was going on with the Heat and Durant quietly signed his extension.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a chance to see Durant play in-person when he was here in Spokane for the NCAAs. I had a press pass so got to see his press conference up close as well. The guy, even then at 18/19, was total class. Cool, quiet, and really nice. I was in the hallway as they got ready for their second game right next to me and there was none of that BS yelling and woofing and "look at me" nonsense that you see so often in basketball and football.

And, oh yeah, he was amazing in those games. image

Tabe