Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

RAD's Mercury Collection at June Long Beach

My Mercury Collection is now up for auction at the Heritage June Long Beach Sale......although I hate to disperse the collection when it is so close to completion, I do hope those of you who become the new 'caretakers' of the coins in it will enjoy them as much as I have. The collection has been focused as much on visual quality as much as the numeric assignment, and I have taken much pride in it.

Good Luck to all who bid, and feel free to let me know which coins you en up with....always good to think they will have a "good home"!!! image
RAD

Comments

• Options
    RAD
  • Options
    ok......I'm technologically close to inept, but I'll try to add the link!!! (Shame the kids have have grown up!)
    RAD's Mercury Collection

Looks like it worked....My Morgan Collection also attached, though you'll have to see pictures on the Heritage Auction website..........
    RAD's Morgan Collection
    RAD
  • Options
    JBdimesJBdimes Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Good lucK!
  • Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    I guess I better make some bids image
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    Larry......at least one coin came from your collection at one point......so I know any would be well appreciated and cared for!!! Always admired your taste in coins!
    RAD
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple Mercs, including the 26-S look undergraded to me. Good luck with the sale! The 1921 is really nice!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    (I need to remember to enter the text before logging in!)

Thanks for the complement! Actually, I am a little disappointed , I was led to believe they would more thoroughly eval. each coin and submit those worthy of a crossover or regrade to PCGS.....more were sent to CAC, and I had to request the 16-D be sent to PCGS for regrade as it was clearly a FB.

Feel free to bid as you see them!!!! image
    RAD
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you the best and can look at the bright side maybe I will move up one spot and still trying to get in the top 20!
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    Thanks Pat.......all you need to do is bid high and bid often....you'll move up and we'll BOTH be happy !!! image
    RAD
  • Options
    Thanks to all who bid last nite, and good luck to those still bidding on my Mercs......kind of sad to see them go though......

Only a few didn't meet reserves and will be available after the auction-----Please feel free to make an offer....who knows?!?!?

As I hope to see my 'old girls' show up in some Registry sets, I'll remove any sold from my Registry as soon as I get verification from Heritage of settlement....Once again, thanks to all members who bid----and to the winners, ENJOY!!!!!
    RAD
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that was your 28-S that sold....that thing went for WOW MONEY....I guess since it was the ONLY CAC example known helped push it over the top...I wish I could have bid on it but I am just a poor man. image

Congrats on the sale.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    It WAS mine......and yes, it was VERY nice...quite possibly eligible for a grade 'bump' on the right day......

Thanks again to all who bid and won....I am trying to respond to removal requests as they come in.....ultimatley will 'clean up' the whole collection, and will miss them.....
    RAD