Home Sports Talk
Options

Sports tattoos...

MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
Do you have any? What's your opinion on tattoos in general? Do you have, or would consider, having your favorite card or an iconic one (Mantle '52, Gretzky '79) tattood on you?

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    hell no.. tats look good on other dudes.. (not chicks)
    but never a baseball card or player
  • Options
    I have close to 40 or so (hard to keep count when you start sleeving them) and none are sports related. I cannot think of any card I would have added.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Imagine how awful you would feel if you had your favorite team logo tattooed on you, and they moved to a new city and changed their name.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i;ve thought about having THE BLUES BROTHERS tattooed in the style of t206 cards.....
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Imagine how awful you would feel if you had your favorite team logo tattooed on you, and they moved to a new city and changed their name.

Nick >>

I know a guy who had a Hartford Whalers Tattoo on his leg. After the team folded he covered it with a picture of a bear I think.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options

<< <i>Imagine how awful you would feel if you had your favorite team logo tattooed on you, and they moved to a new city and changed their name.

Nick >>

Whale Fail.

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    One of mine is an impish cartoon devil in diapers with a hockey stick instead of a pitchfork. When I played, I was a little chippy and I got the nickname "Diablo," so that's really where the ink came from. As a NJ Devils fan (since they were the Scouts and Rockies), it also makes sense, but it isn't logo related and wouldn't be a wreck if they folded or moved.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I've given thought to getting this...

Maybe if it loses the Tea Party connotations, I'll consider it again.... (No political commentary necessary, I just don't want to have to explain to people that the reason I have it isn't for political reasons.)

I've pretty much given up wearing this hat, except to watch US Soccer games somewhere for that reason.

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496
    I have a Yankees tattoo on my left shoulder.

Not the Interlocking NY but the Ball and Bat one. I've always liked the design, so I had to get it.

Sorry, I don't have any photo's or have time to take one right now.

Dave
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you have any? What's your opinion on tattoos in general? Do you have, or would consider, having your favorite card or an iconic one (Mantle '52, Gretzky '79) tattood on you? >>

I do not have any
    So trendy they are not cool anymore
    I would never get a baseball card
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you have, or would consider, having your favorite card or an iconic one (Mantle '52, Gretzky '79) tattood on you? >>

No, because I still enjoy getting laid
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Do you have, or would consider, having your favorite card or an iconic one (Mantle '52, Gretzky '79) tattood on you? >>

No, because I still enjoy getting laid >>

Chicks dig tattoos.
  • Options
    I'm a big Florida State fan. Was a season ticket holder for 12 years and I've been a booster since 1987.

I have a feathered spear (that I did the artwork for) similar to their helmet logo.

South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have close to 40 or so (hard to keep count when you start sleeving them) and none are sports related. I cannot think of any card I would have added. >>

Same with me,I briefly thought about throwing in a raiders logo once,but lucky for me the meds wore off while I was already getting one.
    This is my favorite,only took 40 hours!

J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I bet this guy would be fun at parties...

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Ouch
  • Options
    wow, and I thought I was a Raider fan..