Home Sports Talk
Options

So, after the 2011-2012 season, will Dwight Howard opt out if his contract and become a free agent t

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
................. the Lakers?

I would not be surprised to see this happen.

Sort of like a repeat of when Shaq left the Magic for the Lakers, the So. Cal. sun and three rings playing with a young Kobe. This time it will be an older Kobe playing with a young Superman.

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Unless Chris Paul can convince Howard to go with him somewhere else, it'll be the Lakers.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

Shaq 2.0 image
  • Options
    Brooklyn Nets.
  • Options
    If the Mavs finish off the Lakers, I would suspect Lakers go for Howard as soon as they can. By trade or FA. Laker fans really shouldn't have anything to complain about, 7 finals in 11 years, won 2/3 of last 3 titles. Sure its no fun in the short term to see it come to an end, and then get beat down by Laker Haters. However, long term, an older team needs more time off, lockout will give them that. Lakers mgmt making a run at Howard will happen. They want to make the transition of Kobe being the man, to someone like Howard. An older Kobe and Gasol would make nice additions around Howard, and probably get Kobe that 6th ring, before he is done.

jdip9: I like your Boston retired collection, very nice, I like the Parrish and Reggie Lewis cards.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the Anaheim Kings, with CP3? image
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    What about the C's? By that time Wallace, Shaq, KG and Allen will all be off the book. They will still have Pierce and Rondo. PP will be older, but he might have a little left in the tank and Rondo will just be entering his prime.
  • Options
    What about the C's? Well, its the lure of what they feel they can do in their personal life and business ventures "they" like to run in either Orlando/Miami/LA. Climate, glam, bling bling, all that great stuff.
  • Options
    Happy birthday Dwight!