Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

3 UN-OPENED 1990 DONRUSS (MLB) BASEBALL CARD BOXES (36 COUNT)- INFORMATION NEEDED

I have 3 un-opened boxes (36 count) of 1990 DONRUSS MLB cards.
I bought them myself when they were issued, and have had them in storage since then.
Anyone who could give me some information about these, please reply.
Danny

Comments

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    You can buy a case of them (20 boxes for under $125 delivered. They have very little value.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    When I was still doing shows those boxes were $5 each, 5 for $20....... some rookies in the set but a bazillion were produced and that's probably an understandment.
  • Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like I can use them tonight to help keep the fire going.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd rip em' open and search for errors. 1990 Donruss had a ton of errors, most of which aren't worth much but it would be fun searching for them.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    +1 for rip em' open and search for errors!
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Give the packs to the kids for Halloween. They'll be happy... well, some of them.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Give the packs to the kids for Halloween. They'll be happy... well, some of them. >>

No they won't. They'll think "great, that cheapskate down the street gave me some ugly, crappy baseball cards of guys I've never heard of".

Tabe
  • Options
    HuncrelanHuncrelan Posts: 216
    I've been giving 80's and 90's baseball, basketball, football and hockey wax for Halloween for years. I still include some candy with it, some kids come by several times to get more and during the year it's amazing how nice the neighborhood kids act, even get a few Sirs when they walk down the street and speak to me.

Paul
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    SIR, Now that is definitely a rarity these days. I coach 5th and 6th grade baseball and I get called Dean, rarely "COACH".
  • Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info.
    I guess I'll give them to the neighborhood kids who have bicycles, and include some clothes pins so they can attach the cards to their bicycle tires like I used to do when I was a kid. VAROOOM!!!!
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>SIR, Now that is definitely a rarity these days. I coach 5th and 6th grade baseball and I get called Dean, rarely "COACH". >>

I hear ya....coached my son's basketball team when he was in 8th grade and they all knew me as Al. Can't remember any of them calling me coach or Mr. Navolanic......I really don't understand it, my son is now playing high school and out of respect I still call his coach, Coach! I think it's the way it is now-a-days....kids in neighborhood are often hardpressed to call anyone Mr. or Mrs. anymore. it is a shame.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I'm not that old (I don't think) but I was raised to use a title when referring to teachers, coaches, elders, etc. When I went off to college in the late 90s I had quite an adjustment period because the professors at my school almost universally insisted that we call them by their first name. No "Mr./Mrs./Dr./Professor" was necessary. I couldn't bring myself to address my professors so casually so I found ways to simply avoid addressing them by any name and would say something like "Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you, but . . . " I appreciate that these professors wanted to treat us as equals but I have no problem showing respect where it's due and I think it's healthy to maintain that attitude throughout life.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>SIR, Now that is definitely a rarity these days. I coach 5th and 6th grade baseball and I get called Dean, rarely "COACH". >>

I wouldn't let them call me by my first name. Tell 'em you call me Mr. X or Coach X. I know things are different today and about half of my friends children call me by my first name. Not my choice, but I'm getting used to it. My two girls (12 and 17) call my friends Mr. & Mrs. I am 53 years old and I STILL call my parents friends Mr. & Mrs. To me it is a respectful way to address someone.

Edited to add: To the O/P ... give them away to the neighborhood kids.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, I was in college when these worthless cards were released. I remember hearing about all the errors and buying multiple boxes and then spending hours searching for them. Some of them were ridiculous. One was a line running through a yellow star at the top of the card. As I was thumbing through a handful of errors that I found, my roommate joked that Donruss probably created the mistakes on purpose to sell more cards. He had this scenario in the Donruss board room where one of the card designers would use a long pointer on a huge baseball card mock-up to show exactly where they'd strategically insert their latest error... "on this card, we'll have a line running through the star". He may have been correct. Because of my fondness for searching for error cards, the nickname my teammates gave me on our Michigan State intramural softball team that spring was "error man". I hated it because people who had no idea about the origin of the name would assume I was a terrible fielder. I gave up on these stupid cards soon after and went back to trying to complete my 1975 Topps mini set.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    These 3 packs you mentioned I believe were packaged in Canada.I have a Box or 2 of these that I have never touched as I have ni interest in them as they were given to me by a friend back in 1990.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll go with RIP'em...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    not much to say about the 1990 Donruss Cards that year except they aren't worth too much. I have boxes of unopened and monster boxes of singles just sitting in storage taking up space. RIP'em for fun and hope for Jr.'s 2nd year card
    Collecting 1977 Topps Mexican Football