Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2011 Gypsy Queen Baseball

Has anyone started busting some of this yet... I have some hobby boxes incoming and from watching a few break videos on you tube I am really liking this product. A lot like Allen Ginter without too much non-sports stuff.

Nice job topps.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-

Comments

• psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    I am still debating whether to buy any. A&G is right around the corner.
  • TrinkettsTrinketts Posts: 1,699
    I REALLY like the Solid Black minis, especially since the backs are also blacked out, and the leather minis are nice as well

Makes me wonder if the the A&G will have solid black minis this year.
    Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-
    It seems this product is already shooting up and selling out and over retail already.
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone started busting some of this yet... I have some hobby boxes incoming and from watching a few break videos on you tube I am really liking this product. A lot like Allen Ginter without too much non-sports stuff.

Nice job topps. >>

Yep, busted two sealed hobby boxes and another 5-6 packs. Price is high for Hobby, haven't seen any retail, etc yet. First box was $134, 2nd bod $149. I'm skipping A&G this year. Also opened up a Triple Threads that sucked, done with that too. Get your act together TOPPS!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • stormsurgestormsurge Posts: 858 ✭✭
    I busted two boxes and really enjoyed the product. I've been traveling but ill try and throw up scans of my hits as soon as I can.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I busted a box on Saturday. Got 2 GU - Ripken and someone I forgot already, 2 stamps # to 10 back to back in same pack and 1 of the 2 autos I was supposed to get (mailed my UPC in this morning)

bought 8 packs at Newbury Comics on Saturday afternoon and got 1 GU and a Will Venable auto

Cool looking set. I'll try to get some scans up tonight when I get home from work.

• jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Bought 6 packs.....Too high a price point for my liking.

• epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Busted two boxes yesterday that I picked up at the monthly St. Louis show ($139 each, best price there from the 5 dealers that had it in stock).

Overall, pretty disappointed in the product.... Nice stuff, but not worth the price. And of course, both of my hobby boxes were one's that were short on the inserts!

For those not in the know and out looking to buy and bust hobby boxes... the odds are suppose to be 2 Auto's and 2 GU per hobby box. I guess a ton of the product went out that only had 2 GU and 1 Auto. Topps has confirmed this and is accepting box UPC codes via mail to sent out replacement autos. So now I have to send out the two UPC's and hope for something decent (especially considering the two auto's I did receive were of the omni-present superstars Jason Castro & Gio Gonzalez).

I did pull a framed mini GU of Rickey Henderson though... probably not worth anything, but still kind of cool. Can't remember off the top of my head what the other three GU were, nothing special.

Two boxes did net almost a near base set though and a decent chuck of short prints (only missing #210 from the base set).

Also pulled two Sephia mini's, #'d to 99, and one was Stan Musial... so as a Cardinals fan, that was cool.

-E

<< <i>Bought 6 packs.....Too high a price point for my liking.

image >>

well, where'd you get them Jon? image

There isn't a single hobby store or retain store in the Greater Tampa/Clearwater area that has any in stock. Had to get all mine offline and at $129 for first box and $144 for next 3 boxes.

Check out the single solid black parrallels on Ebay.. they are hot
    Here's my take from the hobby box (first 5 cards) and the 8 packs (bottom 2 cards)

• richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    Can someone with online pop report access look a card up for me., its kind of important !!!

i would appreciate it !!!!!!!

please PM me or post that you will do it !!!

thanks

rt
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”

<< <i>Here's my take from the hobby box (first 5 cards) and the 8 packs (bottom 2 cards)

image >>

That is huge for a single box

<< <i>Can someone with online pop report access look a card up for me., its kind of important !!!

i would appreciate it !!!!!!!

please PM me or post that you will do it !!!

thanks

rt >>

I don't think any one has gotten any Gypsy Queen graded yet or even sent any in for that matter, so was this posted in the wrong thread?

<< <i> That is huge for a single box >>

It was a box and 8 loose packs
    Just busted 6 Rack Packs and 3 Blaster boxes tonight and had LOTS of hits..

This is a video of 4 of the rack pack breaks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izl0URNbVRo

Overall I got:

Signatiure cards: Freddie Freeman Signature Redemption, Gio Gonzalez

Relic Normal: Jayson Werth Jersey

Relic Mini(all jersey), Rickey Henderson A's(Dark Green, super cool card), David Wright, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard

5 of the paper frame : Ozzie Smith, Cano, Seaver, Jimenez, Wright

Also got one of the super thick qypsy queen relic gem cards
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Diggin' these. Hoping to get a Thomas stamp card and maybe some plates.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
    Image of the Henderson Mini relic

<< <i>Just busted 6 Rack Packs and 3 Blaster boxes tonight and had LOTS of hits..

This is a video of 4 of the rack pack breaks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izl0URNbVRo

Overall I got:

Signatiure cards: Freddie Freeman Signature Redemption, Gio Gonzalez

Relic Normal: Jayson Werth Jersey

Relic Mini(all jersey), Rickey Henderson A's(Dark Green, super cool card), David Wright, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard

5 of the paper frame : Ozzie Smith, Cano, Seaver, Jimenez, Wright

Also got one of the super thick qypsy queen relic gem cards >>

nice hits!!!
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭✭

What does the back say that the jersey is supposed to be from? It is either a BP jersey or a spring training (similar to BP) jersey. They never wore mesh game jerseys that I have ever seen. Way to go Topps, use the cheapest item possible.
  • WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any Ryan Howard for trade? I have these available:

J. Bautista AU
    J. Tomlin AU
    Cabrera Framed Jersey
    Frank Robinson Framed Jersey
    Youkilis Jersey
    Y Molina Jersey
    /999: Kershaw,Foxx,Vlad, Ichiro,Jeter,Cano,Sisler,Gary Carter
    Notable Minis:

Stanton Future Stars Blue
    Fielder Home Run Heroes
    Mantle The Great One Brown
    Gehrig Red Back
    Sisler /99

<< <i>Diggin' these. Hoping to get a Thomas stamp card and maybe some plates. >>

Hit a Thomas Paper Framed today... Realy nice looking card 964/999
  • jasoneggertjasoneggert Posts: 486 ✭✭
    I have been able to get quite a few Robinson's on eBay for reasonable prices. Most for only $2 or $3. I even got the printing plate for $28.

imageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimage

-Jason

I think that was a steal on the printing plate.. very NICE
    WOW, great Jackie set Jason!!
  • hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, those jackies are nice
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>yeah, those jackies are nice >>

I agree, those are some nice looking cards...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    wOOt! Target find:

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
    get rippin
  • jasoneggertjasoneggert Posts: 486 ✭✭
    Just added the Jackie Robinson Mini Leather version. Numbered out of 10! I think I did pretty good on this one. The seller had a BIN of $100, then with a few days to go lowered it to $79, with a Make Best Offer option. With 1 day to go I offered him $30 and he countered at $35. I took it! This is the only one to be for sale so far of the Robinsons. Some of these leather minis have been going for over $100 (Nolan Ryan, Ruth etc.)

-Jason

• alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    are the mini leather cards actually made of leather??? or is there a piece of leather somewhere in the card??/? just ordered two boxes of the cards and am trying to figure everything out before their arrival. thanks al.
  • stormsurgestormsurge Posts: 858 ✭✭
    I have a redemption card of Gypsy Queen Auto Card of CC Sabathia GQA-CS. Anyone want to trade for a similar group auto?
  • magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    This is interesting looking, maybe a switch from AG? It is a little expensive though.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
    Really disappointed with Gypsy Queen Retail packs right now, bought 15 Rack Hangers and 3 Blaster boxers and only 1 hit in all that, $250 down the drain... granted I will be able to finish all my sub sets, asdie from the paper and minis of course...

Got 8 packs of GQ today at Newbury Comics

• NHLfightguyNHLfightguy Posts: 525 ✭✭

<< <i>are the mini leather cards actually made of leather??? or is there a piece of leather somewhere in the card??/? just ordered two boxes of the cards and am trying to figure everything out before their arrival. thanks al. >>

No, not ,made of leather. They just have a leather type texture to the card. They are pretty cool and some of them have been going for big prices. It's one of those things. Where you see one up on Ebay now, might as well go for it. Seems a lot of people are collecting this set and like it.

<< <i>This is interesting looking, maybe a switch from AG? It is a little expensive though. >>

Very A and G like. But more baseball flavor. I think it's a little step up. GQ is loaded with autos, HOF. The stamp cards out of 10 are really cool. I like them better than Ginter silks. The leather mini are probably on par with wood Ginter mini. Just that 10 of leather mini's are made instead of them being 1/1 like Ginter wood. That I like, not as spendy but still very rare. GQ probably figures with all the 1/1 plate cards they didn't need another 1/1 card. Each card has 4 1/1 plates for regular size cards and 4 for mini versions. So pulling plates isn't all that hard, but for player collectors it will be tough to track all of them down. Even stamp and leather minis will be tough for some player collectors. Auto checklist is very good. The Koufax and Aaron go for big money and look really good. Plus Halladay, Ripken, CC, Sandberg and others are in it. Mini relic autos have some big names and limited to 25. A lot of stuff packed in this stuff. I'm still figuring out the stuff.
    Thanks for the rundown NHL.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Woot Woot Woot

Looky what I scored!

Opened a few boxes and some packs. All for trade. Looking for a nice autograph or Ryan Howard.

Notable Hits:

Brett Cecil AU
    Nelson Cruz GU/AU /25
    Jim Palmer Stamp 7/10
    Dale Murphy Stamp 1/10
    Josh Hamilton Framed Bat
    Ricky Henderson Framed Jersey
    Cal Ripken Framed Jersey
    Brett Gardner Jersey
    K**dome Jersey
    AJ Burnett Leather /10
    Walter Johnson mini plate 1/1 black
    Paul Maholm Plate 1/1 Magenta
    Kara Amasia Gypsy Queen Jewel
    /999 Tulo,F Robinson,Duke Snider,Dale Murphy,Car Gonzo,Grienke, McCutchton,Holliday, Hornsby. Mantle, Hanley

Also SP's and minis, let me know who you need. Paypal works too!

Thanks

<< <i>Got 8 packs of GQ today at Newbury Comics

how much is Newbury charging for a pack?
  • HuncrelanHuncrelan Posts: 216

<< <i>wOOt! Target find:

If you don't mind me asking, what do those Target boxes and packs sell for?

Thanks
    Paul
    Anybody know what is found exclusive to retail and what is only found in hobby?
    Would somebody post scans of a few base cards? Thanks very much.
    Dave

Edited to add I found them.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>wOOt! Target find:

If you don't mind me asking, what do those Target boxes and packs sell for?

Thanks
    Paul >>

Blasters are $20
    Racks are $9
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    If anyone pulls a Frank Thomas plate, leather, stamp, or sepia, please shoot me a PM.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

<< <i>

<< <i>Got 8 packs of GQ today at Newbury Comics

how much is Newbury charging for a pack? >>

6.49 but everything was 10 percent off yesterday
    Does anyone have a checklist in Excel?

Thanks.
    no one trading?
    I am going to do the retail route. However, my local Walmarts & Targets have no GQ yet. So I impatiently wait.

<< <i>no one trading? >>