Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Trivia question - very obscure - HOF B18 Prize

Identify this pitching line and win your choice of a Zack Wheat or Case Stengel B18 Blanket

Wins Losses PCT GS CG SHO IP H ER BB SO ERA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
38 25 .603 73 36 7 574.1 472 173 163 287 2.71

John
Wondo

Comments

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    John Clarkson ?

• Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

<< <i>John Clarkson ? >>

No, it is a bit more involved than that, plus wrong league.
    Wondo

• Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    George Bradley's stats
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options

<< <i>George Bradley's stats >>

Very close, but far away. What is interesting is that Bradley is from Reading, PA (where I live) and he pitched in the city that pertains to the question during his career.
    Wondo

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Well ... it is NOT the LIFETIME stats of any individual pitcher .... now to keep looking for the answer ...
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Well ... it is NOT the LIFETIME stats of any individual pitcher .... now to keep looking for the answer ... >>

Very good. It is obscure and nothing says that it is only one pitcher...........................

Question: When were you born, Doug?
    Wondo

• Options
    NOT when George Bradley was pitching for the Cleveland Blues! LOL

Edited to add: I THOUGHT that it may have been an entire teams pitching record from the 1800s, but just hard to find that answer! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Hint: It was not accomplished within a quarter of a century of you birth year, but it was of mine!
    Wondo

• Options
    So we are talking about current stats ... within the past 28 years and it happened in either:

St. Louis
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Philadelphia
    Cincinnati OR
    Baltimore
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>So we are talking about current stats ... within the past 28 years and it happened in either:

St. Louis
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Philadelphia
    Cincinnati OR
    Baltimore >>

Not sure where your math is coming from (it's not identified the correct era), but the city is correct.
    Wondo

• Options
    It was not accomplished within a quarter of a century of you birth year, but it was of mine!

I ASSUMED you were younger than me ... Is that incorrect?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>It was not accomplished within a quarter of a century of you birth year, but it was of mine!

I ASSUMED you were younger than me ... Is that incorrect? >>

I am, but I saw Al Kaline (my hero) play.
    Wondo

• Options
    Combined STATS of Jim and Gaylord Perry in 1974 while pitching for the INDIANS!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Combined STATS of Jim and Gaylord Perry in 1974 while pitching for the INDIANS!!!! >>

WINNER!!!

That was freakin' amazing!
    Wondo

• Options
    You threw me off on one thing you said ... "It was not accomplished within a quarter of a century of you birth year, but it was of mine!" It was accomplished 16 years after my birth!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Doug,

Sorry, my math skills failed me..........I was thinking 26 not 16 - sorry. PM to me your shipping address and I'll pop your choiceof B18 to you. Who do you want?
    Wondo

• Options
    Being a NY fan, I'll take 'Ole Casey. Thanks very much for the quiz.

This was probably the biggest hint:

"Very close, but far away. What is interesting is that Bradley is from Reading, PA (where I live) and he pitched in the city that pertains to the question during his career."

PM Sent.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Nice going Doug, I was still back in the 19th & early 20th century for guesses.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options

<< <i>Nice going Doug, I was still back in the 19th & early 20th century for guesses. >>

That's what I was looking at after I found out there is NO PITCHER with those career stats. Then John made reference to a time frame.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug