Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT: Who's watching the White House Correspondents' Dinner on C-Span tonight? Slow coin night for me!

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
I always watch, yet I wonder why I do so....and with much wonderment.
Watching a night of total DC political/journalistic/Hollywood hypocrisy seems so un-apropo when the world is on fire.
Not sure if there is a coin to relate to this event.
Anyone else have some thoughts on this dinner even though it's not coin related.
I figure, every now and then our mods can join in on some non-numismatic hypocrisy. image

Harry S. Truman Presidential Library, Unidentified members of the White House press corps on the south lawn, c. 1950s

**Note: Please do not hesitate to post a coin image that sums up this audacious attempt at political civility.
WHCA

Comments

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Time to come come clean, it's me, I'm the other guy in the nation watching this CSPN extravaganza.

That makes two of us. image

I just watched a camera shot of a guy with hair and a guy with no hair eating dinner. The guy with hair had the fork in his right hand and the bald guy had the fork in his left hand.

Everyone else, you don't know what you are missing.

Edited to fix who is bald or has hair and who has a fork in his left or right hand
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, isn't that the same dinner where a few years ago W joked about not being able to find the WMDs.......'they're not under there!'..............ha ha ha......wow, that was really hilarious considering how many of our soldiers died in the effort to find them. image
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, isn't that the same dinner where a few years ago W joked about not being able to find the WMDs.......'they're not under there!'..............ha ha ha......wow, that was really hilarious considering how many of our soldiers died in the effort to find them. image >>

David, let's not go there tonight....it was uncalled for by GWB...AGREED!
    BUT, there are many uncalled for remarks at this dinner.
    Peace, Brother!!!
    Enjoy the humor for one night. image
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead, you could watch the Royal Wedding reruns that are littering most of the cable channel lineup.

• Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    Gonna have to miss it. Housekeepers' husband is in a surf movie on the big screen at the local movie theater tonight. Part of the family at this point, and our absence would be conspicuous...

Anybody got a coin with a wave on it? image
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Anybody got a coin with a wave on it? >>

I work with a lot of "correspondents!" image

Here's a coin with a WAVES (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service) on it...

I think the woman on the far right is aiming at the photographer! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I'd hate to run into one of them in a lit-up alley.
  • Options
    Wow, Seth Meyers kicked a$$!!!!!
    Held no prisoners on his roast!!!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I didn't think he was funny, but then again, I thought the whole thing was stupid. With all the problems

we have in this country and the world, we get these guys trying to be funny about some serious

problems. My sense of humor is fast disappearing.
  • Options
    ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed every second seeing Donald Trump humiliated by Seth Myers.
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file