Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1992 Atlanta National Aaron Promo

I attended the 92 National in Atlanta and picked up this 4 pages Aaron Promo. I scanned the front and middle page which was a advertisement for Allan Kaye's Sports Cards News & Price Guides. Notice the prices quoted for various Hank Aaron mint cards and the projected value in 5 years (1997)..

edit to add the back cover

Comments

• jimmygjimmyg Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Ah yes, I didn't know a tenth grader alive who wasn't bullish on sports cards in '92. Based on recent past performance, my estimated values would've been higher than his (though I'd have rather had a hundred Lindros rookies than a mint '56 Topps Aaron because there was so much more upside potential).

Edited for subject/verb agreement.

• << <i>Ah yes, I didn't know a tenth grader alive who wasn't bullish on sports cards in '92. Based on recent past performance, my estimated values would've been higher than his (though I'd have rather had a hundred Lindros rookies than a mint '56 Topps Aaron because there was so much more upside potential).

Yep, So I picked this Lindros up while I was there.

Might as well add the Football Promo while I'm at it.

• BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Did you happen to get any Stadium Club National Promos or Frank Thomas promos while there?
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

• << <i>Did you happen to get any Stadium Club National Promos or Frank Thomas promos while there? >>

I'm not sure? Do you have a example of one of the cards you are looking for? I have boxes of stuff that I haven't looked at in years. If you have a scan of a simular card you could post It might jog my memory.
    Yes sir, something like this:

I don't know if Frank was included in the set, but I think most cards were, so it was probable. I've been looking for a long time.
  • I don't remember this card but will take a look for you. If I have a Frank its yours..

Paul
    I very much appreciate it. We'll work out a trade of some sort should you find it.

Thanks again.
  • The 1992 Stadium Club National Convention cards were only made for the high series, #600 and above. And it is a skip numbered set, not all cards in the high series will be found with the National Convention logo. The high series cards that do not have the National Convention logo will be found with the East Coast National logo instead. I am pretty sure, but not 100% positive, that between the two convention promo sets, the entire 3rd series set is covered. I don't think that Frank Thomas was in the high series, only Series 1 and 2. A pair of Barry Bonds cards, Jeff Bagwell, Robin Yount, Nolan Ryan, Ken Griffey Jr. and George Brett were in the East Coast National promo set along with some other lesser stars and mostly commons. Two other names that I remember in the East Coast set were Kirk Gibson (Pirates) and Bobby Bonilla.

I picked up a set of the East Coast National cards back in 2001 off of eBay and eventually sold off the set as singles over many years, I have none left.

• << <i>Did you happen to get any Stadium Club National Promos or Frank Thomas promos while there? >>

If you need a 1993 Leaf Frank Thomas 8x10 pamphlet / blow-up of his Leaf #195 card, issued at the 1993 National, I have an extra for you. PM if so.
    My Error & Variation Blog

Collecting Robin Ventura and Matt Luke.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember picking that up at the National?

Have no idea where the stuff is anymore.
    Mike
  • HuncrelanHuncrelan Posts: 216

<< <i>Did you happen to get any Stadium Club National Promos or Frank Thomas promos while there? >>

Well I'm sorry to say I didn't pickup any Stadium Club Promos.

But while I was looking through a box I noticed this printing error on one of the 2 promos Pinnacle sent me in 1994 so I thought I would post it for JacksonCoupage, I know he likes this kind of stuff.

Paul

• mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes sir, something like this:

I don't know if Frank was included in the set, but I think most cards were, so it was probable. I've been looking for a long time. >>

Ouch.
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
    Thanks guys for the info. I feel better now.

Jackson, thanks for the offer on the Leaf sales sheet, but I'm covered. I bought one a few years back to go with the Leaf promo Franklin on batting glove...needed that matched set. I actually ended up finding another copy of the card for a buck and it was mint! I gave my original to another Thomas collector.
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    If you find a 92 national Griffey card I would be interested. I have the 92 East Coast National card.
    How were these distributed? I know the Rothstein ones were in packs of 3 or 5 .
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658