Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question about Registry set listings of coins for sale

I just started a Registry Set of Morgans and in the listing of my set I see where I can buy from
different dealers to upgrade or fill holes. My question is, is that a good and safe way to buy
from the dealers listed in the pop up window? I see some dealers I know and some I do not. When
I click on the link it takes me to their page for that coin so I can buy it. Do any of y'all buy this way?
Thanks
Tiny

Comments

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not I.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought a few coins from the dealer’s listings on Collectors Corner. Only problem is most list their coins at PCGS price guide prices or even higher i.e. full retail.
    But of the ones I have purchased I have had no problems with delivery.
  • Options

<< <i>I have bought a few coins from the dealer’s listings on Collectors Corner. Only problem is most list their coins at PCGS price guide prices or even higher i.e. full retail.
    But of the ones I have purchased I have had no problems with delivery.
    image >>

I bought a couple of coins from Pinnacle Rarities that were listed on Collectors Corner through two of my registry sets (Standing Libs and Classic Commems).

Called them up and got a better price. image
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would look around before resorting to paying their prices. They are overpriced(IMO) and believe you would be able to find a better price sourcing it out for yourself somewhere else.
  • Options
    Use it like anything else: A resource.

They tend to have a fairly large number of coins, so that's good. Many are over priced, but some are priced fairly.

I'm sure all the dealers offer a return policy so there is no risk on getting a bad scan or anything.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I'd buy coins from Collectors Corner in a heart beat if they had any we needed! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I always look to see what they have available.
    I've only bought one coin thru the CC link.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've learned about a few available coins via the info in the Registry/Collectors Corner, but I've always finalized the deals by going directly to the dealer and usually by having the dealer bring the coin to the next Long Beach show if they are going to be attending image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file