Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1966 Topps cards?!

ok, I did not find that many or any priceless gems like Mantle, Cobb or Wagner... but I am pretty stoked either way!

My wife's Grandmother is moving from the family home to an apt & the 3 children (1 of which is my mother-in-law)
were going through the 50 years of STUFF all over the house and found an old cigar box with a few cards.
Everyone knew that I collect, so they just gave them to me and said to sell them or keep them...

It is about 20 TOPPS cards from 1966 - that appear commons and minor stars from the 1st series and all appear to be ex-mt to nm-mt but some have centering problems. (and there is a clean 1st series checklist too)

there was also a 1957 "Ed-u-cards" Baseball card game that I had asked about on the forum before...
But I am shocked at what good condition it is in! Near Mint Box - All the cards are there and appear to Never have been touched! - and the rule sheet is even included and is MINT! I know this has limited value, but because of the condition I am excited about adding it to my collection!!

I DO HAVE QUESTIONS FOR YOU VINTAGE CARD GUYS....
I have 2 Bob Uecker cards #91 - but the beckett vintage listing has TWO different versions listed (TR and NTR) What is the difference and how do I tell which mine are?
Also, What is the designation DP which is listed on several cards in the price guide?

should I sell these raw or get them graded then try to sell?
(there are no 9s here - likely 6's, 7's & a few 8's,

here is what I got:
a Series 1 check list (clean/unmarked)
(Two) #3 Sam Mele
#7 Tracy Stallford
#8 Floyd Robinson
#13 Lou Johnson
#20 Willie Horton
(Two) #21 Don Nottebart
#22 Joe Nossek
#23 Nick Sanford
#33 Jim Pagliaroni
#36 Jim Hunter
#43 Don Landrum
#53 Bob Dulbia
#56 Sandy Valdespino
#60 Curt Flood
#86 John Bateman
#90 Luis Aparicio (oc t/b)
(two) #91 Bob Uecker TR
#99 "Buc belters (Stargell/Clendenom
#106 Rusty Staub
#108 Bobby Klaus

~jeff

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Unless you can pull 8s, you probably won't get your grading fees back. As for the Uecker, if yours has a line in the bio about him being traded. that's the more common one. The pricey one does not have that line and is worth more. If you have tyhe scarce issue, it might be worth grading in a 6 or 7. DP stands for double printed. Sheets have 66 or 132 cards each. Each player is on the sheet 2x. If the # of cards in the series can't be divided by 66, there has to be adjustments made. Sometimes a player will only appear 1x and the card is SP and carries a premium. (EX 1963 Fleer Ad*ock and the checklist). Other times the player will be printed 4x-DP and thereore more common than the other cards. 1966 saw the Mantle double printed. There are other factors, but this is the gist of it. Hope this helps.
    Can you believe Ad*ock is censored. What a laugh!
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    thanks so much for the info~
    imageimage