Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

10 new Morgans: What would you grade them?

I picked these up at a local auction this morning. They were in 2 plastic "United States Mint Silver Dollars" cases. Not that this matters, but there was also a "Certificate of Authenticity and Assay Verification" included in each case as well. So....what might these grade and are they worth sending in to be graded? Thanks in advance!
Chaz

Proud recipient of Y.S. Award on 07/26/08.

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    May be your photos, but they all look like they were dipped before they were placed in the plastic and have retoned since then?
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like MS64s and MS63s to me.
  • Options
    Not sure, but the reverses on all of them are pretty well toned. Im sure its because they were resting against some foam inside the plastic case.
    Chaz

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except for the first three they all look AU and possibly cleaned to me.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>May be your photos, but they all look like they were dipped before they were placed in the plastic and have retoned since then? >>

ECT Egg Carton Toning; changed the shape too!image
  • Options

HI:

If your pics are showing all the details, I would send 1-4-5-7. 7 looks the best if those are not hairlines. That being said, I, in the last year got scammed myself! LOL.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough to grade from the pics.

They look like au to ms63.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options

<< <i>HI:

If your pics are showing all the details, I would send 1-4-5-7. 7 looks the best if those are not hairlines. That being said, I, in the last year got scammed myself! LOL. >>

Here are some closer pics of #7:
    Chaz

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    newb's take:

all with a "dull" shine with color over it?

potentially cleaned at some point?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Genuine image
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>newb's take:

all with a "dull" shine with color over it?

potentially cleaned at some point? >>

Hopefully it's just the camera that makes them appear to be cleaned. I would agree with others on MS63/64 grades, with the 7th coin pictured an MS65.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i grade most of them melt to be honest if they all look like those last bigger pictures.
  • Options

Pictures are almost painted. Post the truth like MINE!! HAHAHA They are what they are!

• Options
    I am not Todd or Mark with photography, im just trying to take a decent pic. Im sure if they were on the Bay (which is where they might end up) they would fetch more than the current melt price of $38.
    Chaz

• Options

<< <i>I am not Todd or Mark with photography, im just trying to take a decent pic. Im sure if they were on the Bay (which is where they might end up) they would fetch more than the current melt price of $38. >>

Me neither!

Canon "original" digital rebel. Nice lens. ReVeal bulb, 2 bucks at Target.

Total cost of this set up???? Perhaps a bottle of Southern Comfort!!! HAHAHAHA!

At least my Wife leaves it alone downstairs!
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>May be your photos, but they all look like they were dipped before they were placed in the plastic and have retoned since then? >>

agree.......and 10 is to many to grade in 1 post
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options

<< <i>agree.......and 10 is to many to grade in 1 post >>

Sorry, the thread wasnt meant to be work.
    Chaz

• Options
    81 looks cleaned , all look au
  • Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    63,62,63,AU for the rest of them. Cannot rule-out old cleaning for any/all of them from the pics.
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file