Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone got any Natrone Means cards to give to Roger Goodell

Because, while introducing the former Chargers running back last night at the NFL Draft, he clearly had no idea who Natrone Means was. Commish... c'mon man. We're not talking about some backup offensive lineman. This was a Pro Bowl running back from the 1990's. And he had to read the notes to remind him who several of the other former stars were as well. Clearly, NOT a football fan.
Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Natrone Means Business!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NaTrain Means??? image

The Chargers did have Lionel "Little Train" James, but that was back in the '80s.

Natrone shoulda done some "business" on Goodell's head after that butcher job!

Steve
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    They did have Lionel James... of course, nobody would ever confuse Lionel James (all 5'6" of him) with Natrone Means. Well, nobody but Roger Goodell.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>NaTrain Means??? image

The Chargers did have Lionel "Little Train" James, but that was back in the '80s.

Natrone shoulda done some "business" on Goodell's head after that butcher job!

Steve >>

Rog was probably thinking of "Night Train" Lane......that still was pretty bad though.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    Natrone Means had one half decent year in the NFL in 1994; it would be like Bud Selig mis-pronouncing Pat Listach's name today

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    That was painful.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>Natrone Means had one half decent year in the NFL in 1994; it would be like Bud Selig mis-pronouncing Pat Listach's name today

IMF >>

Bud would get it wrong for a different reason. Bud's a baseball guy through and through whereas Goodell seems to be a stuffed suit joke that couldn't care less about football. Selig would get Listach's name wrong because he's a buffoon.

Actually, he might actually get Listach's name correct because he, excuse me..."his daughter", owned the team Listach played for when he got ROY. image
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Natrone Means had one half decent year in the NFL in 1994; it would be like Bud Selig mis-pronouncing Pat Listach's name today

First of all his 1994 was a great year. He was the primary offensive weapon on a Super Bowl team in his 2nd year and was selected to the Pro Bowl. He got injured in his 3rd and 4th years and was never the same. To give a more appropriate analogy it would be like Bud Selig mis-pronouncing Hideo Nomo's name if the Dodgers had gone to the World Series.
  • Options

<< <i>Natrone Means had one half decent year in the NFL in 1994; it would be like Bud Selig mis-pronouncing Pat Listach's name today

First of all his 1994 was a great year. He was the primary offensive weapon on a Super Bowl team in his 2nd year and was selected to the Pro Bowl. He got injured in his 3rd and 4th years and was never the same. To give a more appropriate analogy it would be like Bud Selig mis-pronouncing Hideo Nomo's name if the Dodgers had gone to the World Series. >>

yes, Means was a one year wonder 17 years ago....Goodell flubbed his name, shame on him.....Most footballs fans today never heard of the guy, let alone care how his name is pronounced
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    To make up for this , I think Goodell has to get up to the podium today and do the "Icky Shuffle" to prove that he really is a fan.

IMF
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I don't think it really has anything to do with football. WHENEVER it is part of your "job" to introduce another person to an audience it is your responsibility to pronounce that individual's name correctly. If you are unsure of the correct pronunciation ... ASK! It is clear that he had NO IDEA how to pronounce his name.

And how do you get "TRAIN" out of "TRONE"? LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.