Yup

$1563.18, Up $32.38

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    the higher it gets, the less of a % move it is. % not $'s.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like the percentage move is getting smaller to me.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Will anyone really be shocked if we hit 2,000 by the end of the year ?
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    It does look to be failing miserably.
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It does look to be failing miserably. >>

What does? Your eyesight? image
  • Options
    I know I'm being baited, but see it the way you want. The way I do is:

So let's say Gold is at $1560. A $32 move means it moved about 2.2%
    ($1560-$32=$1528...so a $32 move on $1528 is 2.2%)

When Gold moved up to $1300 on a $32 move, that would've worked out to be about a 2.55% move.
    ($1300-$32=$1268...so a $32 move on $1268 was 2.55%)

Really simple Math, but what do I know? % not $'s.
  • Options
    POM, your math is correct. I'm just saying that in recent weeks, the price rate of change does not seem to be decreasing. Compared to a $32 move at $1,300 - of course you are correct. Did it do that? I've been paying attention, but not THAT closely. You aren't gonna make me go back and do a bunch of math now, are ya?

To think that a fellow forum member would think that I was trying to bait him! Who, me?image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Spot price is listed in $'s not %'s. Most folks I know would relate to $'s not %'s.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Spot price is listed in $'s not %'s. Most folks I know would relate to $'s not %'s.

To each his own.

To think that a fellow forum member would think that I was trying to bait him! Who, me?

Why that would never happen here image Not to overcomplicate it, I was just using $32 move on $1300 as an example that if it had moved $32 at that time, the % is better than it moving $32 at $1560...which is the whole point of what I am saying. The bigger the $ number gets, the harder it is to maintain the % . Caphice?
  • Options
    The bigger the $ number gets, the harder it is to maintain the % . Caphice?

Not to be argumentative. Well, maybe just a little bit argumentative but - if we hit hyperinflationary numbers for the price increases in gold, the %'s will increase even faster than now, although not as fast as the $ numbers. Both scales have their uses. I don't think that bigger dollar number changes cause the rate of change to increase or decrease any more, or less. The market only reflects what its participants want to do.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Not to be argumentative. Well, maybe just a little bit argumentative but - if we hit hyperinflationary numbers for the price increases in gold, the %'s will increase even faster than now, although not as fast as the $ numbers. Both scales have their uses. I don't think that bigger dollar number changes cause the rate of change to increase or decrease any more, or less. The market only reflects what its participants want to do.

It's all just constructive conversation and hopefully something can be taken from it. I enjoy it when it's civil. Hopefully we all can agree on that. Admittedly, I need a little work on perfecting that. From this side of it, I'm not alone in that need. image

I agree in part with the market only does what it participants do. My cynical thinking thinks (really knows) that there are powers at work though that you & I can do nothing about other than be reactionary. Knowing that, being proactive in protecting your assets in extremely prudent.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking chart

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the silver equivalent:

30 day silver
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.