Home U.S. Coin Forum

Buffalo nickel in a Walter Lantz cartoon

DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
Wait for it.... wait for it..... around the 2:00 mark, when he tips the bellboy:

"SH-H-H-H-H-H"

Comments

• MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Linky no worky. image

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    Give it a whirl now.....

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Nice cartoon for a dull Saturday morning.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    "Cheap Skate!"image
    Becky
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember that cartoon! image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I remember that cartoon! image >>

You resemble that cartoon????

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    It's interesting that they chose to show a Buffalo nickel rather than the current Jefferson nickel.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's interesting that they chose to show a Buffalo nickel rather than the current Jefferson nickel. >>

What is the date the cartoon was made?
    Perhaps the Buffalo nickel was more prevelant at the time.

Edited to add. Went back and looked. 1955. Buffaloes were still common in circulation, but definitely not prevelant. Guess good ol' Tex Avery was just having a little fun!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...interesting. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file