Home U.S. Coin Forum

SOMEONE please post photos from the Central States Show!

ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
Since I can't be at the Central States Show, I'm having "coin show withdrawals"! So can someone please post some photos of the show so I can see what I'm missing!
Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®

Comments

• AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Darn...Charmy, I was looking forward to your photo's because I can't be there....
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    everyone assumed charmy would be takin pics so no one is going...therefore you didnt miss a thing!!!!
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>everyone assumed charmy would be takin pics so no one is going...therefore you didnt miss a thing!!!! >>

• speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow just for you image

I need to get some pictures of our display set up as well, i've had a couple requests for it as well...

And maybe some quick NewP pics image
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    There is a sign by the entrance that specifically prohibits photography at the show. I'll take a picture of that sign tomorrow.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • curlycurly Posts: 2,880

No photos but a dealer found me a PCGS, CAC, OGH, no motto St. Gauden in MS66. Sure looking forward to getting that one. I thought it would be easy to find, but he searched through Baltimore and Santa Clara before he found the right one in Chicago.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is a sign by the entrance that specifically prohibits photography at the show. I'll take a picture of that sign tomorrow. >>

This. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Yeap security was everywhere and my wife tried taking a pic and a dealer got mad. I will tell you that you missed a lot of fighting.......It was very very sad to see all the angry dealers fighting with other angry dealers. Something else happend to but if I was to say what I might get the ol bammer so I will keep it to myself! Other than that it was very nice and plenty of coins to choose from.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I will tell you that you missed a lot of fighting.......It was very very sad to see all the angry dealers fighting with other angry dealers. Something else happend to but if I was to say what I might get the ol bammer so I will keep it to myself! >>

Why bring this up if you aren't going to tell us what happened?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• << <i>

<< <i>I will tell you that you missed a lot of fighting.......It was very very sad to see all the angry dealers fighting with other angry dealers. Something else happend to but if I was to say what I might get the ol bammer so I will keep it to myself! >>

Why bring this up if you aren't going to tell us what happened? >>

Because I think it is sad no matter if I am on here or at a coin show there is always negativity attached. Why do folks have to be so negative about a hobby. If the hobby brings that much grief than I think they should chose another. You agree?
  • erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Why bring this up if you aren't going to tell us what happened? >>

Because I think it is sad no matter if I am on here or at a coin show there is always negativity attached. Why do folks have to be so negative about a hobby. If the hobby brings that much grief than I think they should chose another. You agree? >>

Ahh, the famed teaser followed by a rhetorical question. Each are frustrating on their own but when combined they make the ultimate supervillan "Mr. Completely Unanswerable Question".

Would love to see pics if anyone can sneak one in, or out.

(edited to add after Charmy's post, I wasn't refering to pics of the fighting. Just pics of the show/coins etc that she mentioned. )
    Pics of fighting is NOT what I had in mind so please DO NOT POST them here. Let's see pics of forum members, coins, some cool displays, etc. Thank you.
    I emailed Charmy a picture this morning. Wonder why she hasn't posted it yet?
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    Is it a picture of the sign that says no pictures allowed?

<< <i>Is it a picture of the sign that says no pictures allowed? >>

I was true to my word.
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one picture - Kurt Krueger's table --

Kurt had on display a painted adaptation of John Ward Dunsmore's "Inspection of the First Money Coined by the United States."
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it a picture of the sign that says no pictures allowed? >>

Is that a sign of the times or a timing of the sign?image
    I was out of town visiting family all day and just returned. Here's Wei's photo...

• fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I was bummed when I got there and saw the sign today. image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was out of town visiting family all day and just returned. Here's Wei's photo...

image >>

D"oh! I missed the sign image
  • PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    Ahh, the famed teaser followed by a rhetorical question. Each are frustrating on their own but when combined they make the ultimate supervillan "Mr. Completely Unanswerable Question".

.............I could have never thunk that although some feeble corner of my mind knew it to be so ..............
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

<< <i>image >>

Good thing I'm not at the show or I might have been inclined to be disobedient! image
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't most coin shows have signs posted that say no photography??? I'm pretty sure there's one out in front of the Long Beach shows yet we always see lots of photos image

<< <i>Don't most coin shows have signs posted that say no photography??? I'm pretty sure there's one out in front of the Long Beach shows yet we always see lots of photos image >>

I hereby disavow any knowledge of any signs prohibiting photography at any show I've ever been to! image
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    If it's taken by a cell phone it's exempt, right? image

I'll do a show report tomorrow with some pictures...
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a picture of Boiler78 and I golfing after attending the show on Friday - - would that do??

(Please don't say yes - I don't know how to get it off my cell phone...... image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, sort of coin related - had a great time golfing after the Central States show at Erin Hills, Wisconsin - US Open 2017.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file