Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why do designs on coins sometimes look...

ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
Why do designs on coins sometimes look concave instead of convex to me? I hope I'm not alone. I hate it. image
There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that happens to others. I thought I might have a sight problem.

If you look at it long enough it will go back to the way it's suppose to be.image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's an optical delusion?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    OK.................so I'm NOT the only one, sweet!

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    questor54questor54 Posts: 1,351
    A common optical illusion. Sometimes the devices on a coin can appear to be incuse when they are not.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Are you looking at the coins through empty shot glasses? image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I assume your referring to pictures of coins and not actual coins (if not get to an ophthalmologist ASAP). Most of the time it has to do with the lighting; if the coin is lit from the bottom, it tends to confuse the brain and cause the effect.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every detail on a coin has be be beneath the level of the rim, or it wont stack. I dont know how that relates to your thought...but its a fact.
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...when that happens to me i just run my fingers over it to confirm my suspicions. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    I'm talking about photos only. image Glad to know there are others. Perhaps we should create some sort of secret sect.
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Lights and shadows sure do play some fun games.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file