Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about credit cards at the National

I have not been to the National for about 18 years. Heck, I have not been to a card show in about 7 years. Is it common for dealers at the National to take cradit cards at their tables? Will they take checks?

Cheers!
Mike

Comments

• Options
    It's been my observation that only a small percentage of dealers accept credit cards and checks are only accepted if you are a repeat customer. There is an ATM in the Stephens Convention Center and many banks are located nearby.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Cash and low grade Mantles are king!!!
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    There are a few dealers that will take credit cards, but they will definetely give you a better deal if you pay cash $$$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    i would guestimate maybe 20% take CC...
    some will take paypal at a show if they know you as well...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Take cash. Cash will edit out the 20% worth of crap you wouldnt normally get if you take a credit card
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Some take paypal.

I have done this a few times and it has always worked with bigger dealers. If you find a card you really like but don't have the cash at the moment. Tell the dealer to email you when he gets back home if he hasn't sold it, you can then paypal him the money and he can send it to you.

Most dealers will immediately email you if they haven't sold it. I have a few friends of mine that will just let me take the card as I have done a lot of buisness with them before.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>Take cash. Cash will edit out the 20% worth of crap you wouldnt normally get if you take a credit card >>

Excellent advice there. Cash in hand will get you better pricing too if you know how to work it right.