Home Precious Metals
Options

What say we all voluntarily turn our gold and silver over to the Government

BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
To save them, from the trouble, of confiscating it.
There once was a place called
Camelotimage

Comments

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I would, but I lost all of mine in the last hurricane.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boating accident on Lake Michigan. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Yep, boating accident here as well.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Gold, silver, what's that? Aren't those AMEX cards? They can have the credit cards, it they take the payments too.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I traded all my silver for some of them Sacagawea gold dollars.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Boating accident on Lake Michigan. image

roadrunner >>

What a coincidence that is how I lost all of mine
    What are the chances
    Waters off the coast of South Haven are treacherous image
  • Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486

<< <i>I would, but I lost all of mine in the last hurricane. >>

imageimage
  • Options
    Uncle Sam can have mine , all of it , glad to help...it's right under that there tree...or that one..or that one..i think...maybe that one ..

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I gladly would, if I had any. But I don't, so SOL for them. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    rpwrpw Posts: 235 ✭✭
    I laugh at you careless buffoons. Lost all your gold. Mine is right here next to my desk. Come and get it.
    imageimage Small Size National Bank Note Type Set $5-$100
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, the writing will be on the wall before the gov. takes your gold and silver.
    Once the feds start balancing the budget on siezed pension dollars, then I would suggest people start digging holes in the back yard.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    A hole in the ground? Gee, that would match

the hole in my head.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once the feds start balancing the budget on siezed pension dollars, then I would suggest people start digging holes in the back yard.

I agree, that would happen first - it would be a lot easier for them to shuffle a few papers and confiscate IRA's, etc. than get involved in the heavy lifting of confiscating PMs.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    What gold and silver, i don't have any stinking gold and silver.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options

<< <i>Once the feds start balancing the budget on siezed pension dollars, then I would suggest people start digging holes in the back yard.

I agree, that would happen first - it would be a lot easier for them to shuffle a few papers and confiscate IRA's, etc. than get involved in the heavy lifting of confiscating PMs. >>

If they have to come and take PMs. They will all get back problems and have to get insurance payments.image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    I'm your huckelberry.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

What have you been lacin' those jelly doughnuts with, brother?
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "...it would be a lot easier for them to shuffle a few papers and confiscate IRA's, etc. than get involved in the heavy lifting of confiscating PMs."

Idunnow, when you think of all the census takers that are registered w/the fed, when you think of all the ts a agents they have hired as agents of the fed, when you think of the hoards of home land sec urity that have been hired and all the other "enforcement" agents that have been hired over the last two years, they certainly have the means to do house to houses to get gold registration forms filled out, just to keep track of where the gold is within the citizenry. They can always come and get it later; it is not that impossible a task, if they wanted to do it. Then, if you had a form filled out on you and you couldn't produce the metal when they inquire, then you could visit with other agents to help establish where it might have gone and what fees or taxes might be due on the missing goodies.

I agree though that we will see the writing on the wall well before tshtf. Besides, we have apmex et al, shows, b&m's, each other, and all the bst's we have access to. I suspect that what metal is going to be kept will be well hidden and what is going to be sold will be long gone. Man, I'm still a fan of "Put a bezel on it and call it jewelry.".While we're at it, there has been little recent news , including blog bait, lately regarding the conversion of IRA's/401's into federal retirement accounts. Kind of like Tonto to the Lone Ranger..."Kemosabe, it's quiet, maybe too quiet."

Got PUCKS?
  • Options
    I keep mine as jewelry too.

• Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    i have no intentions of making it easier than it already is image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loss of job a while back, had to sell it to put food on the table image
  • Options

<< <i>To save them, from the trouble, of confiscating it. >>

And deny them their pleasure of waterboarding us a few hundred times each until we talk?
    Not this patriot.
    Many, many perfect transactions with other members. Ask please.