Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Fisk Rc How will this grade ?

This card is rough cut on the bottom left but the surface is real nice. Any thoughts on what it would grade out at would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Underneath the triangle by Garman, is that a piece of paper missing from the border or is it excess paper that is folder up onto the border?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Doug,

It appears to be folded up, I guess excess from the rough cut. Here is the back if that will help..

Thanks
    Paul

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I think it's a straight 8. Maybe 8.5 Not sure how they'll deal with the "partial" rough cut.

Edited to say - didn't look at top 2 corners...more like a 6.5
  • saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Nice centering but then again they could decide to totally bone you for the rough cut and corners and it comes back 5.5.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Centering is nice and the card does have good eye appeal. Personally I would be afraid of sending it in though. Don't be surprised if it comes back 6 or under far as grade. The bottom rough cut and left corner will hurt the grade and the 2 top corners look very soft. At best 5-6 imo just from viewing the scans.
  • 5.5-6

Top Right corner is damaged. Bottom Left Corner looks like crap.

Dave
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
    Paul ... without taking into consideration the rough cut (as others have mentioned, it's hit or miss as far as that goes), I think the corners are too soft to get a 7. My guess would be a "6 - 6.5". HOWEVER, the rough cut could knock the grade down further. That being said, if it's a card you are keeping for your PC, I'd slab it no matter what, as it has very good eye appeal.
    (If there was actual paper loss on the border ... say hello to a "2".)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    They won't ding him on the rough cut.

PSA 9.

Nice card!
  • Thanks to all that responded. I might just send it in on one of the specials just to see how it grades out. If so, I will post a scan when it returns from PSA..

Thanks
    Paul

<< <i>They won't ding him on the rough cut.
    PSA 9.
    Nice card! >>

Fur ... nice eye appeal, but a "9" with the those top two corners?????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA 6 - PSA 7.

Good luck...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923

<< <i>They won't ding him on the rough cut.

PSA 9.

Nice card! >>

No way is that card a PSA 9

The 2 top corners alone make the card a 6 on a lucky day a 7 per PSA standards. That's not even taking into consideration the rough cut. From past subs I always get hammered on rough cuts. It is one reason why I refuse to submit O Pee Chee cards. I never could get better then a 6 on cards that had same centering and better corners then the card being discussed. I stand by my 5-6 review.
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a PSA 10 on a 1972 Topps baseball card with the same rough cut (mine was top edge) so don't assume that they will downgrade you for that...my experience is that rough cut does not affect the grade at all.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • PSA 6.5 ( due to top right corner )
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Has the same corner issue as my Clemente:

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be very surprised if that card doesn't grade at least NM 7.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

• << <i>Has the same corner issue as my Clemente:

image >>

My eyes must be failing me... That Clemente card is a beauty, I don't see the corner issue on your scan..

Paul