Home Precious Metals
Options

Liberty Dollars?

Who can give me the full poop on Liberty Dollars?
I herd the guy that was making them had a big storehouse of silver, and or gold. And the government took it.

But I would like to know the whole story.

Thanks for any info.
(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty much it. They also convicted him on some bogus counterfeiting charges and he is out on bail pending an appeal. At least, I think that he is appealing.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who can give me the full poop on Liberty Dollars?
    I herd the guy that was making them had a big storehouse of silver, and or gold. And the government took it.

But I would like to know the whole story.

Thanks for any info. >>

Google "Norfed" and read up on it.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Thanks Guys,

After posting here I did seach Liberty Dollars, and read up on some of it anyway.
    One thing I didn't know was about the printing paper notes. I thought it was all coined (stamped) sliver and gold rounds. Maybe the government had a better case than I thought. If I agree with them or not.
    Obviously I wasn't following the story close when it broke. But NOW with the Fed, and treasury causing trouble I'm looking for more BACKED money.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• Options
    The big irony here is that Norfed was backing their stuff with something of physical value, while the government does not. The government's promise of "the full faith & credit" of the government is worth less every day.

It used to be said that a dollar isn't worth the paper it is printed on. With electronic keystroke dollar creation and massive credit overhang, the dollar is actually worth less than zero. Alot less, in fact.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this one today.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    That coin/medal looks better then the Cr*p the Mint is producing today.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803

<< <i>I got this one today.
    image >>

BEAUTIFUL !!!! Wish I had a sack of 'em.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I got this one today.
    image >>

BEAUTIFUL !!!! Wish I had a sack of 'em. >>

TAILS PLEASE.

• Options
    imageimage

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, that silver Liberty coin is already worth about 85% above stated value. Now that's a currency I could live with!

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I like em!