Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Need help on Afghanistan Silver coin...

Hi. I'm trying to figure out some info about the following coin:

I'm trying to find out the silver content, and mintage of the coin if possible. I have been searching

the internet and have not been able to find out much about it. It also is not listed in any of my Krause books.

If anyone can help me out with any info I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

Comments

• Options
    It's almost certainly .999 silver , all other issues were in immediate years.Its odd that particular year isnt in Krause , it stops at 1999 and resumes in the next Krause at 2001 with the issues i have.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to this website it's KM#1042, 0.9990 Silver, 35 mm., 15 g.
  • Options
    PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses!

JamesMurray-Thanks for your thoughts. I'm wondering why its not in the Krause, as it seems like it should be there by now. Interesting.

TwoKopeiki-Thanks for the link to that site. I had found it once previously in my searches, but didn't have time to write down the info when I first saw it, and then could not find it again.

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

• Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Probably a compilation error. That happens sometimes.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    Yep -- the Taliban hate the West but they love pandering to our coin collectors for money. Just like the North Koreans and the Cubans.
  • Options
    I wasn't aware the taliban were in the business of striking coinage.image
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wasn't aware the taliban were in the business of striking coinage.image >>

Well, they're not anymore. image