Home U.S. Coin Forum

Does Anyone Have Any Info on This NO DATE Sacagawea Dollar?

ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
My neighbor brought this Sacagawea dollar over and asked me what I thought. Of course, me not being "The Dollar Lady," I have no clue, so I thought I'd post it and ask if any of you have any info on it. Thanks!

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®

Comments

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You looked at the edge and saw the edge lettering? image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
  • savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭✭
    3rd side image

www.brunkauctions.com

• CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The date is on the edge. Value is $1.00.
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha! Very clever! Obviously, I never paid attention, but why did they put the date on the edge?
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭✭
    >>Why would they put the date on the edge?>>

while this may be rhetorical i will offer the following: it is part of the overall push to make our money resemble that of a banana republic

www.brunkauctions.com

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ha! Very clever! Obviously, I never paid attention, but why did they put the date on the edge? >>

I dunno.

possibly to be like the presidential dollars???

and my guess on them is to de-clutter the 2 sides.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ha! Very clever! Obviously, I never paid attention, but why did they put the date on the edge? >>

I dunno.

possibly to be like the presidential dollars???

and my guess on them is to de-clutter the 2 sides. >>

Exactly. And a dumb idea it was, IMHO!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting how the date can go on the edge but IGWT cannot!

Should collectors complain and get the date back on the face?

• << <i>>>Why would they put the date on the edge?>>

while this may be rhetorical i will offer the following: it is part of the overall push to make our money resemble that of a banana republic >>

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

imageimage
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charmy, some of the 2009 Sacs did not have edge lettering. If that is the case here, the coin is a keeper!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file