Home Sports Talk
Options

Way to go Atlanta Hawks!!!

HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
On to the next round against Da Bulls! image

Comments

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Should be a good series. The Hawks are going to need Hinrich,hope he's alright.
  • Options
    Fail, fail, fail by Orlando. Before the series I predicted Magic in 7 because I knew the Hawks had their number this year but figured the Magic would pull through come playoff time and then likely lose in the next round to the Bulls in 6 or so.

Honestly, the thing I am most disappointed about is that this may signify the end for Dwight in Orlando. He still has one more year on his contract but if he can't win here then he may follow in Shaq's footsteps and split for some big market team, especially given today's NBA.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Fail, fail, fail by Orlando. Before the series I predicted Magic in 7 because I knew the Hawks had their number this year but figured the Magic would pull through come playoff time and then likely lose in the next round to the Bulls in 6 or so.

Honestly, the thing I am most disappointed about is that this may signify the end for Dwight in Orlando. He still has one more year on his contract but if he can't win here then he may follow in Shaq's footsteps and split for some big market team, especially given today's NBA. >>

Not sure how much confidence Howard has in his GM Otis Smith and this teams chances going forward. Easier for Howard to be his own GM and pick and choose who he wants to play with.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prediction:

After next season Dwight Howard will play in the free agent market and will sign with the L.A. Lakers. That should give Kobe a big man that he can win some more titles with as his career winds down and will give Howard the first of multiple titles that he wants, plus the L.A. spotlight. With Howard at center, Gasol can move to his more natural power forward position.

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Fail, fail, fail by Orlando. Before the series I predicted Magic in 7 because I knew the Hawks had their number this year but figured the Magic would pull through come playoff time and then likely lose in the next round to the Bulls in 6 or so.

Honestly, the thing I am most disappointed about is that this may signify the end for Dwight in Orlando. He still has one more year on his contract but if he can't win here then he may follow in Shaq's footsteps and split for some big market team, especially given today's NBA. >>

Not sure how much confidence Howard has in his GM Otis Smith and this teams chances going forward. Easier for Howard to be his own GM and pick and choose who he wants to play with.

>>

Players as their own GM? Thats pretty funny. Actually, this years Miami Heat team is all the proof you need that players shouldn't be thier own GMs. The Heat are the most expensive mediocre team in the league. Chemistry wins titles, not stacking all of the superstars on 1 team.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may sounds weird to hear a fan of the opposing team say this....but I do hope that Rose is ok and is able to play in the series. I want to be able to say that we won or lost series against the "real" Bulls team from 2010-11!!! I don't follow Chicago sports for the most part...but I am guessing they are asking the same question that all of us are....why was he still in the game when it was obvious Atlanta was going to win??? I give a huge praise to Thibobodeau to an amazing season and he is very deserving of the coach of the year. It just doesn't make sense to me why he didn't bench his starters. But, what do I know...after all...I'm not an NBA coach!