Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Guess the grade- MS 1877 Indian's

What say you?

Comments

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the miracle of Google:

The 13-cent Indian Head experimental stamp was first available on January 11, 1978, at Kansas City, Missouri. A pane of the experimental stamps contained one-hundred fifty stamps rather than one hundred, which was the norm. Each of the stamps measured about three-quarters of an inch on each side. The stamp was tested in five cities for public acceptance: Hartford, Connecticut; Richmond, Virginia; Portland, Oregon; Memphis, Tennessee: and Kansas City, Missouri. The public's response was negative. It was felt that the stamps were too small to handle and too easy to lose.

Pretty cool stamps, I like them! I dont believe I ever seen them before. BTW a sheet (of 159) is about 20-25$ or so.
  • Options
    hammered54hammered54 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭
    only 150 0n mine...sheet #38360

Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options
    Yep, my sheet has 150 too, don't have the sheet number handy. Took me a while to find a nice sheet, but when I did I bought it under face value!
  • Options
    BXBOY143BXBOY143 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭
    Just wanted to share....is this considered an error?

-Paul
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    holed, not plugged.

hmmmm.... but somehow I expect they are more valuable that way.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I just want to hold them and lick them and slap them on an envelope! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file